“Not quite as expected!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Gordon Ramsay

Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 0 - USD 157
Cuisines: French, European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: A must for the culinary connoisseur, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay offers exquisitely simply French cuisine, infusing the senses with subtle flavors, creative flair and a delicate finesse. Combining contemporary elegance, an intimate ambiance and unparalleled service, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay has the hallmark of true excellence honored with three Michelin Stars as of January 2001. The seasonally inspired a la carte menu offers a wide selection of exquisite dishes, ranging from Roasted Fillet of line caught Turbot and Oven Roasted Pigeon from Bresse, to Aged Casterbridge Beef Fillet and Roasted Barbary Duck Breast. The Set Lunch menu also offers equally outstanding quality, including such succulent dishes as Fillet of Daurade Royale, Braised Ox Cheek in red wine, and Roasted Fillet of Pork. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay operates a smart dress code. Jackets are preferred for gentlemen. Jeans, t-shirts and sportswear are not permitted.
Fife
“Not quite as expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

We booked to celebrate a birthday and had looked forward to it for some time. We travelled from Scotland for an extended weekend in London to dine at Gordon Ramsay and then at Marcus Wareing the next evening. We were welcomed and seated quickly. The front of house staff were excellent and engaged in general conversation well, especially Jean-Claude, who was very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. We chose from the menu - one foie gras and one langoustine, lobster and prawn ravioli to start. Nothing exceptional with either dish. The ravioli pasta was thin and beautifully cooked, the sauce was lovely but the langoustine inside was very rubbery and chewy. The pressed Foie gras was OK but again nothing exceptional. We both had lamb and it was almost cold (I so hate it when food is served cold) and was very bland which was a shame, the jus was nicely flavoured though, a spoonful of light and creamy mash so help soak up the thin jus would have been great. Lamb is my favourite meat and I've cooked it much better myself. For dessert we both had apple tarte tatin with vanilla ice cream which was lovely and by far the best course of the meal. There were lots of little tasty canapes and a nice amuse bouche to start off - ending with lovely chocolates to add something special. As it was a birthday treat, Jean Claude brought out some lovely sorbet with a candle... this was a lovely touch. It was a good experience but not a fabulous one. The restaurant itself is a bit strange in that it's more like someone's lounge at home! Perhaps we had too high expectations. In comparison with our experience at Marcus Wareing the following evening Gordon Ramsay has some way to go. I really don't think the experience merited the large bill either. We have eaten in many top end restaurants and are real foodies in that we love this style of cooking when dining out so we feel we have something to base these comments on. We may try one of the other Ramsay restaurants in the future.............. who knows!

• Visited May 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Can't get any better than Restaurant Gordon Ramsay...already booked for 4th visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

This was my 3rd visit to Restaurant Gordon Ramsay. I booked well in advance lo make sure I wouldn't be left disappointed.

I visited during lunch on a Monday and as soon as you get in there, everything is perfect.

The service is always impeccable, the waiters (although I hate to call them that...they are so much more!) make you feel so welcome and the atmosphere is nice and laid back.

Now on to the food...almost indescribable (although I'll have to try). You can tell that a ridiculous amount of effort is put in to every dish, from the amuse bush to the final chocolate tastes at the end. So, as a pre-starter I was served with a sort of mint infused ricotta mousse with tiny little veg on top. It's surprising just how many flavours you can taste from this tiny dish. Then I had poached egg ravioli - how they manage to even make this is anyone's guess although I have just bout a pasta machine to have ago myself! For my entre came a duck dish with sweet potato and then a spiced pineapple with coconut sorbet to end. Then if that's not enough, out come the strawberry ice cream balls covered in white chocolate along with some hand made chocolate ganache and Turkish delight.

I'd been lucky enough to be offered a little tour of the kitchen the last time I visited and was offered the chance again (was with my Mum this time instead of a friend so was nice to show her as well!). Got to meet the head chef, Claire, again which was fab. It really is an unforgettable experience.

Couldn't fault a single thing about the visit. My Mum was rather dubious before going, thinking is was just overpriced and pretentious but she's had her eyes opened now.

Already booked to go back when I'm next in London in November and already counting down the days!

Worth every penny and would recommend to anyone!

Tauranga, New Zealand
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

This was a highlight of our trip to London, the service was exceptional as was the food, we left feeling very full and well cared for.

Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Undeniably good food, but service? Hmmm...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Let me start by saying the food and wine are amazing. Probably not worth the astronomical price tag, but I have to admit, I enjoyed every dish (the scallops were to die for). What I wasn't impressed with was the service. I found it a little stuffy and possibly a bit pretentious. I think the dress code is outdated too, fair enough - no T Shirts and trainers, but no jeans? There's something a bit stiff with that attitude if you ask me.

If you've got money to burn and love dressing up, then this is the place for you, but if you want the same great food without the pretention and a more relaxed atmosphere, I recommend Petrus.

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank Cuthbert E
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

Food is very good. Service is exellent. Staff is polite and was quick in taking order.

Visited May 2012