“Incredible food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Gordon Ramsay

Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 22,075 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 0 - USD 157
Cuisines: French, European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: A must for the culinary connoisseur, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay offers exquisitely simply French cuisine, infusing the senses with subtle flavors, creative flair and a delicate finesse. Combining contemporary elegance, an intimate ambiance and unparalleled service, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay has the hallmark of true excellence honored with three Michelin Stars as of January 2001. The seasonally inspired a la carte menu offers a wide selection of exquisite dishes, ranging from Roasted Fillet of line caught Turbot and Oven Roasted Pigeon from Bresse, to Aged Casterbridge Beef Fillet and Roasted Barbary Duck Breast. The Set Lunch menu also offers equally outstanding quality, including such succulent dishes as Fillet of Daurade Royale, Braised Ox Cheek in red wine, and Roasted Fillet of Pork. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay operates a smart dress code. Jackets are preferred for gentlemen. Jeans, t-shirts and sportswear are not permitted.
London
“Incredible food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Beautiful experience - lovely attentive service, food was totally stunning. The room is small but had a nice atmosphere - no hushed whispering. And the other diners were a mix of all ages. My boyfriend mentioned it was my birthday when I was in the bathroom and at the end of our meal the maitre'd took us into the kitchen where we saw Claire finishing up service. Even for those who have eaten lots of good food I'd definitely, definitely recommend a visit. One of the best dining experiences I've had.

Without being rude I'd also suggest that anyone complaining about small portions, high prices, or their car being towed while they were eating (!) is missing the point. For what its worth - I left extremely full and feeling like it was worth every penny :-)

• Visited April 2012

• Turkish first
London
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I realise that Michelin review their restaurants regularly and that a star may be lost here or gained there but RGR has been superb for many years and for the most part is as good as most people will ever experience. Both my visits were a great success and I must mention, in particular, the service. All of the staff are excellent; even the trainees. On my first visit I had a pistachio souffle for pudding into which the waiter put a small 'boule' of home made chocolate ice cream. Divine! it may be off the menu now but, for me, it was a sublime experience. Funnily enough I am not that bothered about sweet comestibles but this was my enduring memory.

Small and intimate restaurant with french based fare and superb service. Most of us spend this sort of money once in a lifetime. There may be more 'experience based' restaurants (in Bray) but for me, RGR is 'the one'.

• Visited May 2011
Basingstoke
“Impossible to beat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

To be fair this was the first Michelin starred restaurant I had ever dined in, but having been to a few since, it is still by far the best. The menu promises to be special, but even before the first course arrives you are spoiled rotten with the most incredible amuse bouche, aperitif, choice of champagne... etc etc etc. The actual courses themselves are above and beyond anything I could have comprehended and the 3 hour experience was the most enjoyable and wonderful meal I think I will ever have! The service was absolutely top notch from a flawless team of superbly trained staff who not only demonstrated their knowledge and skills (even the more junior soumellier was brilliant) but they made you feel at home and extremely welcome. We are probably not their average clientele (ie. we are far from being millionaires!) so I was expecting that the atmosphere would be a little stuffy and pompous - but far from it, it was a truly amazing experience. Be prepared to spend upwards of £300 for a meal for two with wine - it's easier to do than you would think!

• Visited May 2011
Singapore, Singapore
“First Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

It had been many years since had been to this particular Ramsay incarnation but it was great to see that nothing had lapsed over time.

The food and in particular service were of the highest calibre with the knowledge of the staff particularly excellent. The wine list is good and the prices are fair for a restaurant of this stature. Tough to get a booking but worth the wait.

• Visited April 2012
Hull
“Beyond reprocroche”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012 via mobile

I write this review about 2 hours after having left the establishment. My daughter was feeling a little under the weather when we went in, but as it was my 30th birthday we pressed on. We were greeted in a very friendly manner. NOT stuffy or,pretentious. I cannot praise the staff highly enough. My daughter had to rush to the loos. She was very sick from a sausage sandwhich from a well known highstreet baker. The staff ! Removed her cutlery and knapkin and placed a silver dome around her meal to keep it warm. They showed genuine feeling for welfare. She came back in. I enjoyed her food aswel as my own. Not wanting to waste it I ate hers aswel as my own. She insisted that we stay claiming to feel better. I feel this was just to not ruin my day. She is that kind of girl. The food had a richness and flavour i have never tasted before. I should know i ate her courses aswell. My wife enjoyed her food and had to,say she hadentneaten better and as an amature cook this stung a little ;) Hats off to the staff. We will be back i didnt get to try the desert for obvious reasons. Thanks Resteraunt Gordon Ramsay

2 Thank Gastrofan1066