“Wow!!! Loved it ”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Inspired by the much-loved 1994 film Forrest Gump, the Southern USA-influenced menu features shrimp in over 20 ways, including Mama Blue's Southern Charmed Fried Shrimp, Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp, and Shrimper's Heaven.
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

My partner booked this restaurant as a surprise as he has visited it before in Las Vegas... knowing my love for seafood he thought this would be ideal.

Yes it is a little expensive but it is in Leicester Square so do not expect to go and not spend more then you would in a non capital city.

I found this restaurant to be different, I have visited a lot of the other chain restaurants before and it was nice to have a different choice to burgers. The staff were friendly and the food was amazing. We had starters and mains.. we could have just had a main really as we were stuffed.

Maybe one day I will get to visit the Las Vegas Restaurant :-)

Date of visit: February 2017
Flo D, Public Relations Manager at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Hi Clare

Many thanks for your review.
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit.
We hope to see you again soon.
Have a great week-end.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,978)

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Have been to Bubba Gump in the US a few times so was expecting a bit more. There was a 25 minute wait for a table, yet when we got upstairs there were loads of free tables! We were promised free glasses to take home when we purchased the drinks but at the end of the meal then told we didn't qualify as we picked the wrong drinks. We had to argue this out and get a supervisor who agreed there had been a mistake and let us have them. This involved a ten minute wait at the till as no one attended to help. My daughter used her pocket money to purchase a sticker, but was told bluntly, we don't have any change so you will have to let us off, so she was out of pocket. The food wasn't too bad, but the service not great at all. Watch out for the service charge as well, a bit steep when you have a big meal.

Hi There

Many thanks for your review.
We are terribly sorry to hear your visit wasn't so great. Could you please contact bubba@bubbagumpshrimp.co.uk as we would like to speak to you regarding your visit.
Have a good week-end.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

I was really looking forward to it for my birthday. We had the shrimpers heaven, shrimpers net catch, the shrimp new orleans and mac and cheese. Each went from bad to worse. lacked any real flavour and the shrimp new orleans was inedible as it tasted like worcester sause with rice.

The chips were nice and the dessert was fine. But for what we paid we were truly disappointed and upset. Wouldn't go back, ever.

Hi Tobi

Many thanks for you review.
We are sorry to hear your visit wasn't so great. We would highly recommend you contacted info@bubbagumpshrimp.co.uk where a member of the Guest Relations' team will happily look into your experience at Bubba's.
In the meantime, we hope you have a great week-end.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

I've been in before, and had raved about it to my partner, but unfortunately my second visit didn't entirely live up to my expectations. The Shrimper's Heaven was beautifully presented, but while it looked like it was chock-full of shrimp it was only a top layer of shrimp on top of mountains of chips. The food while tasty was expensive for what we got (yes, I know it's London prices, but I basically paid £19.50 for a plate of chips with a side of shrimp).

The decor was really fantastic, I loved that every inch of the restaurant was clad in memorabilia.

Hi There

Many thanks for your review.
We have passed on your feedback to the restaurant team.
We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

We were given two tickets for the Theatre with a meal included. We went on a Saturday and no reservations were needed as they operate on a first come first served basis. As part of the meal deal, we were offered a limited menu. We chose the garlic bread and onion frazzles as appetisers , both were very nice. For main course we had Jenny's fish supper and I had the shrimp. Again both very nice. We had a couple of good cocktails and a couple of glasses (large) Chardonnay for £35 not too bad for central London. All in all a good experience.

Hi Jimmy

Many thanks for your review.
We're glad you enjoyed your visit at Bubba's. We hope your show was also good.
We look forward to seeing you again on another trip to London.