“No 2 st Gabriel cafe”

St. Gabriel Ethiopian Delicatessen
Ranked #10,005 of 25,043 Restaurants in London
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Nice place to test Ethiopian food.
Specially vegetarian.
This cafe is a branch of St Gabriel cafe the one where found in Finsbury park.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Food was good, filling, and cheap. As a bonus, it's good for those who are "gluten-free" as non-wheat flours are used.

Note on service: Full menu was clearly only available for those of a certain ethnicity and religion. Otherwise, you may receive a watered down menu, or no menu at all. Owners merely tolerate English-speaking individuals, and look upon them in bemusement whilst serving up proper food for those within their immediate community. We suspect that we were only served due to our ambiguous heritages and assertive behaviours. Those a little more reserved may feel intimidated.

In summary, whilst the food was genuinely very nice, we had the slightly odd sensation of having strayed onto someone else's turf.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

I never leave these reviews but was so happy to find such a healthy, affordable restaurant tucked away in London just near the Cinema Museum. Perfect service too!

Reviewed 19 July 2016

This unusual eatery serves authentic Ethiopian cuisine. We ordered some chickpea curry and it was served with a very large piece of Ethiopian bread called iffengieria or some something like that, it resembled a very large scotch pancake. Although it was for one, it was enough for 2 adults. I have now ticked off the Ethiopian cuisine off my list.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

I, too, was of the party and can confirm the view's of the poster below. I wasn't so adventurous with my own ordering, instead I tried a border crossing dish with an Ethiopian take on scrambled eggs, served with onions, minced meat, peppers, and of course rolled injera on the side: a new discovery for me. (French bread was also offered.) It was nicely cooked, good value for money and made an excellent lunch. I sampled a little from other's plates and everything was delicious: spicy, but easy on the palate, full of flavour.
I can recommend this restaurant for good value food, excellent portions, and a friendly atmosphere.