“Excellent”

The Jasmine by Spice Nouv-Oh!
Ranked #666 of 23,713 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bangladeshi
Description: The Jasmine by Spice Nouv-Oh! formerly located on Shooters Hill is a Indo-Fusion restaurant and takeaway now located on the broadway. We specialise in healthy, fresh and fusion cooking of traditional indo-dishes with a modern twist. Our modus operandi is that all dishes are cooked to order, therefor ensuring perfectly balanced cuisine full of flavour. So come along and give Indian cuisine the Spice Nouv-Oh! way.
Reviewed 25 March 2017

I ate at this restaurant last night with my husband. Indian food is not my favourite but it was his turn to pick. I was delighted and surprised by the quality of the food. It was fresh, very tasty. Initially we thought the restaurant wasn't open because on the approach its very dark. When we went in it felt a bit soulless, but when you sit down the atmosphere changes. The staff are really friendly, they chat to you about the food with such passion, I couldn't wait to eat. The food is a modern twist on traditional Indian food without losing any authenticity. It feels healthy, fresh and really well spiced. They do not use Ghee or additives. I can't wait to eat here again and that is absolutely the first time I have felt that about an Indian restaurant. So great food, lovely staff, ambience a little odd initially. If you can imagine going into an Italian family home to ask for directions and they insist you stay for dinner that is what this felt like. Brilliant!

2  Thank H B
Al33M, General Manager at The Jasmine by Spice Nouv-Oh!, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Wow...my team and I are blown away by your kind words and so we thank you sincerely. We hope to continue in our endeavour in bringing you more and more Nouv-Oh! flavours. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Staff were very friendly and attentive. Ambience was a bit odd - music was overpowering but you can block it out especially if you are out with others. The food is nice and the choice if you are vegetarian is good. Portion sizes are very generous but it does mean you are not likely to order dessert and may not finish your main course especially if you have ordered both a naan and rice or a side dish.

Mr Vohra, what can I say which I haven't to you in person. "Thank you" again for the great feedback and we hope to implement much of your suggestions in the near future. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We went to jasmines for my daughters 40th birthday the whole night we was looked after by the owner and staff the food was delicious we always had the same food every time but this time the owner suggested to try something different which we did and the food was lovely at the end of the evening the birthday cake came out followed by the front of house staff and all of the kitchen staff and sung happy birthday to my daughter
Thank you to everyone at jasmines who made my daughter leigh's birthday very special and hope to return soon

1  Thank brenda c

Thank you Brenda, you and the family were such great guests that my team and I felt as if we were hosting a friends & family get together. We hope to see you all again, where you may like to try some of our more Nouv-Oh! creations.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Thank you for making our evening last Sunday an enjoyable one. As usual you knew exactly what my family and in-laws would like, I was even surprised you got my father in law off his fav pistachio dish.

1  Thank Wendy F

Dearest Wendy...what can I say but "thank you", not just to you but all the family (Jack, Jim, Dan, Chris, "Dundee"). We look forward to seeing you all again and again in the near future where we will continue to introduce newer Nouv-Oh! creations for your consideration. Once again, a Nouv-Oh! "thank you" for your continued support and encouragement.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

First takeaway from The Jasmine tonight. Love it! Quality food and very generous servings. It's great to find such lovely food so close to home. Thank you.

1  Thank Mearcat14

Thank you for your kind words, we hope to see you again in the near future.