All reviews high street minute walk stayed here for nights greenwich basement
Reviewed 28 February 2017

We loved this B&B. It is so stunning and cosy. The bedroom was lovely, and the bed was very comfortable. Nothing like a modern, stiff chain hotel. The host, Robert, is just fantastic. Very helpful. He made us feel very at home, and cooked us a lovely, tasty breakfast. We enjoyed chatting to him, very much. It felt more like being at a friends home. I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dsnape79
Reviewed 18 January 2017

An excellently located individual B&B that convinces you never to book into a chain hotel again. I totally agree with DSW77. My Wife and I really enjoyed our stay and especially the welcome, helpful advice and amusing anecdotes of our hosts.

Room Tip: Phone and speak to the owner in advance, they will make sure your wishes are accommodated
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrianH5727
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed here as it was close to the o2 and we wanted somewhere different instead of the usual corporate hotel. We were not disappointed. Located just a couple of minutes from the church and within 5 minute walk from the Cutty Sark.
We stayed in the blue room, it was absolutely beautiful, old world charm and a fabulous iron 4 poster bed. The shower was a good one too unlike other places where we have stayed and it's been a dribble, this was nice and powerful. The bed was super comfortable.
When you arrive you see 16 st Alfeges passage in front it looks totally normal just a little hint at what may be behind the doors, and it completely surprises you when inside. The lounge room upstairs is totally quirky and charming at the same time, so much to look at and hold your interest. Nick was a fantastic host and welcomed us and explained the local transport links and the best way to get to the o2.
I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to meet the infamous Ronnie and Reggie would have loved a cuddle or two.
Breakfast was made by nick who did a Stirling job. The room downstairs is huge and spacious and again follows the very eclectic style of the decor.
Thank you so much for your hospitality Nick, we hope to see you again soon.
If you like quirky, eclectic but comfortable and super friendly hosts, then this is the place for you and you won't be disappointed.
However if regimented, cookie cutter, stuffy and minimalist is your thing then I wouldn't recommend.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeni s
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

One person's garbage is another person's treasure, apparently. I made the mistake of putting my shoulder-bag on the floor in a corner of our room...the underside came up covered in cat fur. This place needs a serious scrubbing!

On the up side, Number 16 is absolutely perfectly located, the room was quiet, and the bathroom well-tended (except for the ten-year-stained, untouchable chair).

Breakfast was unremarkable in a clustered and dirty kitchen.

The hosts were friendly and pleasant, but otherwise busy elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Poxbox61
Reviewed 14 August 2016

As others have said, this is not a corporate stop-over and if you are looking for mass produced anodyne blandness then number 16 is probably not for you. However, if you want a little piece of calm in a hectic city, with comfort, and no lack of style, then hurry yourself to book. I think there are a grand total of three rooms available; two doubles and a single. We stayed in one of the doubles with an en suite bathroom. The rooms are reasonably sized, well appointed, comfortable and the décor and furniture are in keeping with the age of the property and the overall style.

Greenwich bustles, crowds throng the riverside and the tourist attractions and yet a minute or so away is this quiet haven. Sleep is not a problem. External noise is minimal and the bed comfortable.

When you arrive you may meet Ronnie and Reggie - and before you wonder too much they are cats - and both Robert and Nick are the perfect hosts, chatty, welcoming, including you as part of their home yet perfectly respectful of your privacy.

Breakfast in the basement presided over by Robert is a treat for anyone who loves listening to a talented raconteur whilst eating well cooked food made with quality ingredients.

We only stayed the one night, but there will be others, as for me, I don't think I would look to anywhere else in London now.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple