All reviews ladbroke grove notting hill boutique hotel club king room fluffy white towels tube station yogurt boiled eggs minute walk central london no lift stayed here for one night definitely stay here again small room double bed fantastic location hyde park
Reviewed 12 September 2016

An odd little boutique hotel with a weird entrance above a bar in Portobello. Slightly worrying opening line but don't panic, it's all good!

It's clean and tidy inside with pleasant staff. The room we had needs a little updating but generally was ok. The bed was really comfortable, one of the best hotel beds I've slept in for years and this is important in any hotel.

It's located on bustling Ladbroke Grove which was really noisy on Saturday evening with traffic and people and sirens and the pub booming a bit below us but it was all quiet from about 11ish so no issues there.

There's no food options here other than the bar/bistro below but it gets slated here on TA so we swerved it and went down to Portobello Market 5 minutes away where you could take your pic of places to eat.

A decent base, a bit no frills, overall a pleasant hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Two couples, two rooms. We were all happy. We discovered that the room size varies quite a bit. Room 22 is small, room 16 was much bigger in case that matters to you. You will hear street noise and maybe some sound from the bar. That said, we loved the place. Sparkling clean, hairdryer in room, lovely decor. Everyone could not have been nicer. Just a quick walk to Portobello Market.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Great hotel! Rooms, service, staff, restaurant, and bar were wonderful. Located in Notting Hill, one block from Portobello Road. We walked to Kensington Gardens. Free breakfast was nice and the food in the restaurant was lovely.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Le Boyfriend, who usually pays little attention to such things, said "what a great find this place is!!" Portobello House is conveniently located in Notting Hill, a short walk from the Ladbroke Grove underground and minutes from Portobello Road with its myriad of shops and restaurants. It is a very small hotel above a busy pub (more about that later), so those expecting all the services of the Dorchester might not be pleased, but we couldn't have been happier. I was totally charmed by the decor that mixed antique and modern, with beautiful wallpapers. Our room, with the "romantic four poster bed" was spacious and well furnished with a very comfortable (and yes, romantic!!) mattress. Complimentary continental breakfast was a surprise (I didn't see it mentioned when I booked the hotel), and despite the complaints that were written in a couple of other reviews, it was more than adequate, with coffee and tea, juice, croissants, muffins, yogurt, and fruit (the staff offered make porridge or a boiled egg as well). The hotel owners are attentive and personable, and it seems that one of them is always around - when we had a small glitch in our lunch order in the downstairs pub, the owner noticed and dealt with it swiftly and graciously. (BTW - I recommend the pub, called The Percy, as well - we enjoyed our meal there!). I should mention that there is no elevator, so those unable or disinclined to walk stairs might find this a drawback (however, the staff is available, and carried my very large suitcase up and down two flights of stairs). All in all, we were well pleased with this lovely place, and, and (given how expensive and cramped London hotels can be), thought it of excellent value.

Room Tip: My room, which faced Chesterton Road, was very quiet, even with a busy pub downstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

"Posh" is not in my normal vocabulary but I've heard this placed called it so much I've begun to use it. Very clean hotel. Rooms are small but very nicely decorated and well kept. The hotel staff were exceptionally nice and accommodating. Also, Notting Hill is a very clean and comfortable neighborhood.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple