“Unique Afternoon Tea”

Cuisines: Asian, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Description: Ting restaurant presents a modern European menu with subtle Asian influences, made using locally-sourced ingredients and served within an elegant and contemporary setting of Chinoiserie design. Set within comfortable furnishings and with a feeling of subtle glamour, Ting lounge offers a distinctive a la carte menu of authentic Asian specialties alongside classic comfort food and two types of Afternoon Tea. Signature dishes include hand-dived scallops from the north-west Highland coast cooked a la plancha and served with carrot, ginger and a light yuzu and grape seed oil dressing and organic Welsh lamb from Rhug Estate, glazed with mirin, sake and soy sauce served with root vegetables and Kentish apples. The London restaurant features views overlooking the meandering River Thames, Tower Bridge, Canary Wharf, Maritime Greenwich and out towards the historic counties of Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had the Asian-inspired afternoon tea at Ting on our visit to London, and we were delighted with the experience. It all starts with hand towels brought on a tray that has dry ice in the bottom. Scented water is poured on top to create a mist that covers the entire table. It was quite a presentation.

The tea and the food were both incredibly delicious. We loved that the foods utilized Asian flavors and were not your typical tea snacks. The service was perfect, and the view is simply amazing. This was a fantastic way to spend an afternoon in London!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,123)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went for a friend's birthday yesterday, needless to say the view was amazing, but i wish the food was at least substandard so we could leave somewhat satisfied.
The service was great and the appearance was immaculate.
However,the salad seemed like it had come out of an iceland ready pack, and was dressed with a dollop of mayonnaise. The stuffed cabbage was almost inedible and my friend left her plate full.
The duck main was overdone and lacking flavour. My friend's cod main contained pork which she was not informed of.
Altogether the shard does not meet the standard of any of the surrounding michelin star restaurants which are all in the same price bracket.
Go for a photo or two, but never return. Look towards london's other fine dining restaurants if you are after quality food.

2  Thank Farimah F
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We’ve been looking for an afternoon tea in our first visit to London. We came across this restaurant. We were seated by the window as requested to make my mom’s birthday celebration trip more special. Our waiter’s service was really superb and made us comfortable. The afternoon tea experience was excellent. They did not forget my original request months prior to make it special for my mom’s 70th birthday. They surprised my mom with little chocolate greetings!

We will surely definitely go back next time we are in town.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Booked the shard for my husbands birthday breakfast, I did ask for a window view was a little sad when we didn’t get one (was told this wouldn’t be guaranteed)
Our jackets were taken on arrival and staff made a lovely chocolate birthday plate for my husband. We were a little disappointed but the breakfast, expected abit better- however wasn’t so bad. Husband enjoyed the overall experience. The views were nice too!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I normally go for Aqua Shard so decided to change the venue. Before committing to a full-blown Friday evening with my family. First impression was good, greeted by the host in a friendly welcoming manner, asked if we have coat to deposit to the clock room. Web arrived early so were advise to have a drink in the bar, staff very helpful and efficient.

Once we seated to our table and host offered a stool to put my bag rather than in a floor, which was a nice touch. We don’t have a window table though it was plenty of space. We had Duck & Foie Gras, Salmon & Scallop to start; followed by Fillet Steaks and Cornish Lobster that’s were cooked to perfections. Definitely complement to the Chef! Great service however I did feel I have better experienced of personal touches in Aqua Shard.

Overall the restaurant was outstanding and beautiful ambiance.

1  Thank sstaley