“All in all it was good with few exceptions”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of 291 Suites

291 Suites
Ranked #334 of 837 Speciality Lodging in London
Munich
“All in all it was good with few exceptions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

First of all, I have to say that we only stayed 2 nights at this hotel. It was located about 5-10 minutes away from the train station and the bus station was situated right in front of it! So the transport to and from the centre of London was really good and fast! The area is really nice and there are a lot of restaurants and bars to chose from. But this was exactly the problem!!! As our room was facing the street, it was very noisy at night because of all the restaurants and bars. In addition, there is a restaurant called "Strada" located right under the apartments so that the smoke of the cigarettes came into our room! Consequently it always smelt like there was somebody smoking in that room although we were looking for a non-smoking hotel. Since we are both non-smokers, this was very inconvenient. As a matter of fact I would recommend to ask for a quieter room before your booking. Otherwise you are not going to get much sleep.

All in all, the room was clean and has a good cost-performance ratio. The bed was comfortable and the equipment was good. The kitchen was hidden in a closet which I liked a lot! Kitchen facilities such as a toaster, a fridge, a kettle and dishes were also provided. Concerning the bathroom, the bathroom was clean but the towels were not changed every day although we put them on the floor. Furthermore, the drain was clogged!

Finally, I would recommend this hotel to my friends but I would strongly recommend to ask for a quiet room which is not facing the street! :)

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank In_style25

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hertfordshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2010

I have never felt the need to review a hotel before but coming back from this "hotel" I felt I should review it. We stayed in this hotel last night, we had theatre tickets so checked in and went straight out. We were both very dissapointed when we walked in the room. It was more like a hostel and nothing like the online pictures had promised.
When we got in that night we realised the bed was completly broken, I looked under the bed and all the slates were hanging down. There was also a lot of dirt on the floor. The table was old and greasy with 2 battered chairs. Reception was shut so we couldn't ask to change rooms. We had a very uncomfortable nights sleep. Am hoping for a refund as I was so disgusted with the room.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zobohobo

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2009

Location was good as my boyfriend and i were going out that evening, however the last guest's clothes tag's and receipt's were still left in the wardobe. On the shelves where the glasses and mugs were left it was absolutely filthy. So filthy that the rim of the glasses were stuck to the shelves. The remote control was very 'grimey and dirty.' The buttons were sticky.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neet_08
N. England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

The 291 Suites were a bit disappointing. The rugs in the room had stains. Getting access to the room itself is a bit confusing. I arrived to the 291 suites around 6 PM on a Sunday and there was a sign informing me that I needed to walk to a realtor’s office about a block and a half away to get the keys. I then tried to get access to my room in the 291 building; however, my room was actually located in a different building and they hadn’t bothered to tell me. The people weren’t especially nice or helpful when I tried to figure out where my room actually was. Also, the Jubilee line isn’t running on the weekends at the moment. That means that people staying at 291 Suites don’t have tube access on the weekends. There are replacement buses to Baker Street but it’s still a bit annoying. I would check on the status of the Jubilee line before booking… Aside from all of that, it’s a nice area to stay in and getting into central London is very convenient during the week.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank nosytraveller
isle of wight
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

The general cleanliness of the room was poor-marks on the walls, crockery was only rinsed out by staff not cleaned properly. Bathroom was unfinished in places and needed repairing in others. The bed was very uncomfortable and not enough pillows supplied. Ironing board was provided but no iron, no microwave or kitchenette just a fridge that was positioned by the bed so kept you awake. On the plus side the room was spacious and as at the back of the building was suprisingly quiet. Finished off, this room would be lovely but not quite there yet.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple