“Cheated, broken sofa, uncleaned.”

Maida Vale Aparthotel
Ranked #577 of 959 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Firstly, I was really
disappointing with the sofa-bed, all the covering plastic was peeled
off and also it was only one foot so it was totally unbalance and I
could no sleep well there not even a night. Due to the fact that it was
only one foot I could just lie on a tiny side of the sofa. Besides,
there was just one tiny bottle of gel for one person and we were three
people hosting.

Secondly, all the rooms were incline so we were bumping into the
floor every time. It was really annoying.

Finally, it was said that it was a four starts deluxe appartment and
it was not. I really feel cheated and completely mislead.

Appart from that, I have tried to do a formal complaint but anyone asnwers my emails.

Room Tip: The photos are not like the reality, sofa was broken.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Leila G

Reviewed 29 October 2016

The first receptionist was very helpful and friendly..
The room was a good size, and had all we needed, as long as we didn't need to cook with any pans!! No big deal. The size of the room for the price we paid was good value. Kilburn Park Road Tube Station a VERY leisurely ten minute walk to the apartment.
Our only negative was the fact that we reported our bedroom window (Room 303) was unable to be opened. We were there for four days and this was never addressed. As there is no Air Con, it was humid and uncomfortable...and this was October!!

Room Tip: Room 303 - if they fix the bedroom window!!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank deedee878
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

We were booked into so Aparthottel pemberton gardens but upon arrival was informed there was a " maintainance" issue and was informed we would be transferred to so appartments Kilburn high street but I wasn't happy with the reviews. They made a phone call and informed me we had a free upgrade.The hotel paid the taxi to take me across London, The first room had a cracked sink blinds broken other guests could see easily into my room the cupboard handles were broke. This was the "free upgrade" I complained to staff and asked for a different room, and although it was smaller, and there wasn't a kettle nor a sink plug and the blinds didn't work it was slightly better. I also paid for breakfast but that hasn't happened either! the hotel info stated that our room would be serviced daily ( not happened yet!) Apart from 2 random plastic bags appearing on the floor ! And cleaned every 4th day -- this is not conducive to a 4* establishment, and I will never stay, not recommend your company to anyone!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

This is the bed we had to sleep in. Window broke. Lid of salad box left in cutlery drawer. Lock on front door broke. Wires hanging down from telly. Photos of mattresses. Will be looking for my money back.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Elizabeth C
Management response:Responded 26 September 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
I am very regretful to read about your stay at So Quartier apartments. Please note that we place great focus on cleanliness standards and we will investigate why the service was not up to standards and what was the reason for this to happen.
Please let me reassure you that we will take your comments into consideration as a motivation to improve where necessary so that there situation do not occur in the future.

Kind regards,
Patricia
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 21 September 2016

I booked this place as I work in London Mon-Fri and wanted somewhere cheap and self-catering. The first week I had a deluxe room which was spacious. It was at the front of the hotel by the main road, and given how warm the room was I had to leave the windows open. There were lots of small defects with the place, such as bent blinds, but it was clean and liveable. Very basic, but fine if you want somewhere cheap, central and are a 'suck it up and get on with it' type person rather than someone who complains about every tiny scratch on the floor. I was quite pleased and planning to give a good review.

The next week I had the standard room, which was smaller, but still plenty of space and clean. Being on the back on the top floor, I was happy with how much quieter it was. The first night was fine. However, when I got back late the next night after a meal out, looking forward to a shower and bed, I found there was no electricity. It was pitch black in the flat so I couldn't go in. I went downstairs to reception and told the receptionist, he assured me someone would come and sort it. I waited outside the room but no one came so I went down again, only to reassured that the guy was on his way. Waited again and still no one...

Went back down for the third time,to find police tape across the front of the hotel, which had just been robbed by a gunman. Obviously not the hotels fault, but somewhat off putting.

Eventually someone came to look at the room (the hotel didn't seem to send a replacement for the poor receptionist who'd just been held at gun point!) and didn't have a clue. We waited for someone else who asked us a load of questions about the meter as if we lived there! He then said that he would need to borrow money off us to buy a key for the meter!!! We did get this back the next day, but what a joke! They can't even keep the electric going in their rooms. Had to throw away a lot of the food I had been keeping in the fridge as it was warm by the time the electricity came back on.

I checked out the next morning despite having booked for another night. I wanted somewhere I could go back to at night and go to bed, not have to wait around for over an hour sat on the floor in a hallway. And not feel unsafe! I got absolutely no apology for the whole thing.

I don't often complain, I can put up with broken handles, blinds, extractor fans and get by on the basic. If there's clean sheets and a clean shower I'm generally content. I don't go around pulling up the sheets to check if there's a stain on the mattress. I don't expect that much for the price they charge. But for the room to be entirely unusable for over an hour, because of something entirely avoidable, to lose food at my expense and to receive no apology. It's just not good. I had booked another week there, but I won't be going back.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business