“Collard Dublin”

Maida Vale Aparthotel
Ranked #577 of 944 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

This is the bed we had to sleep in. Window broke. Lid of salad box left in cutlery drawer. Lock on front door broke. Wires hanging down from telly. Photos of mattresses. Will be looking for my money back.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Elizabeth C
Management response:Responded 26 September 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
I am very regretful to read about your stay at So Quartier apartments. Please note that we place great focus on cleanliness standards and we will investigate why the service was not up to standards and what was the reason for this to happen.
Please let me reassure you that we will take your comments into consideration as a motivation to improve where necessary so that there situation do not occur in the future.

Kind regards,
Patricia
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 21 September 2016

I booked this place as I work in London Mon-Fri and wanted somewhere cheap and self-catering. The first week I had a deluxe room which was spacious. It was at the front of the hotel by the main road, and given how warm the room was I had to leave the windows open. There were lots of small defects with the place, such as bent blinds, but it was clean and liveable. Very basic, but fine if you want somewhere cheap, central and are a 'suck it up and get on with it' type person rather than someone who complains about every tiny scratch on the floor. I was quite pleased and planning to give a good review.

The next week I had the standard room, which was smaller, but still plenty of space and clean. Being on the back on the top floor, I was happy with how much quieter it was. The first night was fine. However, when I got back late the next night after a meal out, looking forward to a shower and bed, I found there was no electricity. It was pitch black in the flat so I couldn't go in. I went downstairs to reception and told the receptionist, he assured me someone would come and sort it. I waited outside the room but no one came so I went down again, only to reassured that the guy was on his way. Waited again and still no one...

Went back down for the third time,to find police tape across the front of the hotel, which had just been robbed by a gunman. Obviously not the hotels fault, but somewhat off putting.

Eventually someone came to look at the room (the hotel didn't seem to send a replacement for the poor receptionist who'd just been held at gun point!) and didn't have a clue. We waited for someone else who asked us a load of questions about the meter as if we lived there! He then said that he would need to borrow money off us to buy a key for the meter!!! We did get this back the next day, but what a joke! They can't even keep the electric going in their rooms. Had to throw away a lot of the food I had been keeping in the fridge as it was warm by the time the electricity came back on.

I checked out the next morning despite having booked for another night. I wanted somewhere I could go back to at night and go to bed, not have to wait around for over an hour sat on the floor in a hallway. And not feel unsafe! I got absolutely no apology for the whole thing.

I don't often complain, I can put up with broken handles, blinds, extractor fans and get by on the basic. If there's clean sheets and a clean shower I'm generally content. I don't go around pulling up the sheets to check if there's a stain on the mattress. I don't expect that much for the price they charge. But for the room to be entirely unusable for over an hour, because of something entirely avoidable, to lose food at my expense and to receive no apology. It's just not good. I had booked another week there, but I won't be going back.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank _hjc169
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

What we see in the pictures from their Ad (Booking.com: trip advisor etc.) are totally different from the actual. The place has so many defects such as window blinds, sofa, table drawers, cabinet handles from kitchen etc. Very old kitchenwares, towels and beddings. Good that beddings are still clean.

Carpet in the lift is dirty and smell is not good. In addition, when we checked in and went to our room, power was off and I still need to go back again to the reception and the staff fixed the electric meter since it ran out of power charge. Thus, the staff need to recharge again. This experience happened to us twice. The room is hot and no proper ventilations since the window cannot be opened (by design). Luckily, there's a good and kind guest from the hotel that he allowed me to borrow one of his fans. I learned that that he bought his own fan. According to the hotel staff, they don't have enough electric fan.

Also, better if you book your own cab to airport. The price published from their reception is different from what the cab driver will ask from you. We requested them to book for us to the airport and when we are paying our bill to the cab driver, we found out that it's more expensive. According to the cab driver, the hotel will still ask for commission. Hmmmm, interesting!

Lastly, please visit all the reviews of other guests, they are are not good. Unfortunately, it's the same experience I had and owner or management is not doing anything. You can see that the PR manager responding claimed that they are rectifying the issues, but to our experience, it's nil.

How I wish I can ask for refund and transfer to better hotel, but for sure, there is no refund.

I will not stay and go back on this hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dennis A
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Me and my 2 colleagues, after a long, hard day at work checked into what seemed to be , from the reception, a lovely, warm, clean and welcoming establishment.

After checking in, we went up to Apartment 411, upon entering, we noticed that the smoke alarm in the kitchen was not working nor up to the relevant regulation standards. When opening the cupboards, we found love cables hanging from the boiler, easy access to children should they stay there. But, we had just finished work and were willing to let this go. So, after something to eat and a couple of sherberts, we all settled into bed.

My colleague was then awoken at 2am, writhing in pain. He turned the light on only to find a swarm of bed bugs crawling over the sheets. He quickly alerted the other two of us in the apartment and we were horrified to turn out mattresses and discover them everywhere.

Immediately in the morning, we decided to get the heck out of dodge. When we went downstairs and showed the receptionist a video he just laughed and said "oh, another one". He couldn't care any less. Eventually though we did get a refund. No apology, no offer of compensation. We have had to have all of our clothes cleaned and My colleague spent a day in A&E because of the pain he was in from being bitten - all this has been at cost.

This hotel is shocking, anybody staying there be warned, you're not alone. The whole place needs shutting down and fumigating. The staff just do not care, at all! Shocking service and shockingly accommodation.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Kane R
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

It was bad before I even got to the room. The room had been pre booked and paid for already, when I got to the front desk they couldn't find a booking and once they did they said the system says it has not been paid for and while is was trying to sort out the room there was a guy sleeping and snoring right behind me which he was there all day snoring. Got to the room and just as bad as the service. See pics, damage everywhere and other reviews said the same thing but I thought I would just see how we go but it is all true. Do not ever stay here

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business