“Heart of PADDINGTON”
Review of Sawyers Arms

Sawyers Arms
Ranked #160 of 1,331 Nightlife in London
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Absolutely love this pub.The moment you walk through the doors you are welcome.The staff are cheery/informative and friendly.The decor is warm and cosy, and from word go you feel like a local and to compliment this the locals also are very welcoming ad inviting.
The food was beyond my expectations and every time I went back I was not disappointed.
The first meal was pie and mash-to be honest I wasn't holding my breath -but they proved me wrong.The meals are very large and worth every penny.The fish and chips were a delectable seafood delight and presentation was up there with the best.On another visit I tried the bangers and mash -this is not any old sausgae and mash potato on a plate-they were sausages with black pudding that left you wanting for more.
The Sawyer Arms has all the trimmings you are looking for in the heart of Paddington -it is just what I was hoping for.What a gem.It is a 2min walk from Paddington station follow your nose.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Right around the corner of Paddington Station, you’ll find this little gem.
I stopped by on my way to the hotel for a pint, but since the food looked awesome I had to return to grab a bite to eat as well.
I went for the classic; their award winning fish and chips, and it was really good.
Nice plating and presentation, and well cooked.
In other words: not just a great place to enjoy a pint of beer - a truly nice place to eat as well!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I went here with a client and a friend for a bite to eat during my lunch hour. It was a disaster. We sat upstairs and were forgotten about from the get go. We ordered x2 hunters chicken and a chicken burger. The burger never arrived and the hunters chicken looked like a 5 year old had prepared them. The chicken was so flat, with half a piece of bacon on them, absolutely awful, including the 10 chips (yes I did count). We had to reorder the burger, which came after everyone else had finished, and were not offered anything to compensate. As we were still hungry, we then ordered desert, x3 sticky toffee pudding, which we had to ask for one free (as compensation) and when they came they were cold. Absolute disaster of a meal and would not recommend at all!!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I booked a table for 2 for my husband ‘s birthday,with an enquiry if I can bring a birthday cake for him.At the time of the booking I have been told no problem.One day before our booking -as I was working and no time-i showed up at the restaurant with my husbands cake.They refused to take it,so I offered to come back after work the next day about 4 o’clock to drop the cake.Again I have been refused,and I have been told I can bring the cake at 5.The treatment I received it’s ridiculous,there wouldn’t be any issue if I get -no cake-answer at the time of booking.