“Nice and helpful employees, clean rooms and great location”
Review of St. Athans Hotel

St. Athans Hotel
Ranked #26 of 579 London B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 June 2017

This may be my first review about St Athans but not my first stay. travel regularly to London (4 to 8 times a year) and this one was recommended to me by a friend years ago. Over the years, I've come more than 10 times in the hotel... and therefore have stayed in a few different rooms.

All these times, I've had clean rooms and comfortable beds (actually I wish I could take back one of their pillows with me because they are the most comfy I've ever slept on! :p ). About the shared bathrooms : never had any problems, including when the hotel is full. There are enough bathrooms to find one quickly if the one closer to your bedroom is occupied.

If you need anything, feel free to go to the reception and explain your trouble and they'll do their best to help you. One positive side is that the reception is a 24/7 : there'll alway be someone for you, including in the middle of the night. Last year, I had completely forgotten to book a room. When we realized that, they managed to find a solution and I was eventually able to stay. Very kind considering I was the oen who made a mistake!

The neighbourhood may be a little noisy during nights but this is not the hotal's fault as the noise comes from the street. The location is perfect though, for those who come with the Eurostar. 5 minutes-walk from St Pancras and a few minutes away from Russell Square tube station. The luggage-storage room of the hotel is very helpful : you can leave it there, go for a last walk or shopping, come back to the hotel to pick up your luggage and then head back to St Pancras.

I've always felt welcome at St Athans and to me, that's one of the most important thing for an hotel. It's not a 5-star hotel, sure, but I feel good there. And I'll come back soon.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the other building : a bit quieter + own key to enter building (and still be able to...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Nathalie L
Stefangeyer, Owner at St. Athans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thanks for the nice review Nat - always a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

The incredible experience of being in a 200 year old brownstone is what made us choose the St Athans. Centrally located by the trains, safe neighbourhood, friendly and accommodating staff. Cozy rooms and clean washrooms. All made for a fabulous time in London.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank shoppingqueen2011

Thanks for your review, which managed to say all the right things so succinctly :)

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Spotless space in good condition and really centrally located – walking distance to British Museum and to several train, subway and bus stops. Great infrastructure: Café downstairs, supermarket and several cafes/bars/pubs around on your way to the subway. I've stayed here several times over the past few years and the staff was always very friendly and helpful; I consider it a hot tip.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank dss360_13

Great review - am glad you consider us a 'hot tip' :)

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I had a really nice stay at St Athans Hotel. I loved the atmosphere of the hotel, it felt like I was in the real London and not in a formatted "tourist sleep-place". The neighbourhood was lovely too, and the shopping mall right around the corner was great to grap an evening meal. It was perfectly situated too, I could walk to the British Museum or Covent Garden really easily.

I especially liked the bedding, I slept extremely well there! I was in London to pass an exam and I really needed that sleep time! The room and the hotel in general was extremely clean, including the shared shower room! The staff was friendly and really helpful. I could leave my luggage even after having checking out, which was really appreciated as they are close to the train station!

I really recommend this hotel and I'm definitely coming back there on my next trip to London!

Room Tip: There's no lift so if you have lots of luggage ask for a ground floor room
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Aurore B

Thanks for your great review - I really appreciate you going into details - it helps others know what to expect from staying with us.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Stayed here when attending the London Permaculture Festival in 2016 and it was ideal. The staff were helpful, the bed was comfy and the price was amazing for central London. It's usually hard to get a reasonably priced single room in London, but St Athans provides just this. The shared bathrooms were clean and breakfast in the Bloomsbury coffee shop below the hotel was fantastic. I will certainly return.
Oh, and the mosaics are lovely!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank thesnailofhappiness

Thanks for your lovely review - really glad you like my mosaics out on the front steps of the hotel.