High Road House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscowshed productssoho house groupmembers bartiny roomsmall issuetop floorpowerful showernespresso machinecomfortable bedchiswickhrhtoiletriesbasementminibar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 December 2016

The High Road House is part of the Soho House Group. It is trendy and has a very positive buzz which makes it fun to visit.

The food is good and tasty with a wide selection of dishes to chose from. We had a whole Cote de Boeuf on the bone which was delicious. My 11 year old son took a huge burger apart and loved it. Wine and dessert were equally good and a great time was had by all.

The waiters were very attentive and never missed a beat which made the whole experience very special. This is a good and fun restaurant which is ideal for a weekend lunch session.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2016

The atmosphere in High Road House is really buzzy. The food is very good as well. Starters were Baby Octopus in tomatoes which was delicious. We both had the offer of Martini and Bavette for £20 each. The steak was cooked to perfection. Moretti at £5 is standard for Chiswick.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2016

We met up with our son and his partner for Sunday brunch and once again, we weren't let down. The food was exquisite, the service was exceptional and the overall experience was brilliant. I would say that Abdul was quite possibly the best waiter we've ever had - ever.

Room Tip: Make sure you book - if not; you've had it!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary O
Reviewed 14 September 2016

The High Road House has almost as much dining space on the busy street as it does inside, so you immediately face a choice even on cold days because they have very good outdoor heating!

The food was very good. The chef even put a slice of black pudding in my beef burger when I made a special request....how's that for service!

Although I went here for lunch, I've also been for dinner and it is simply a very good all round restaurant. I can also add that their breakfast, served from 7am, is the VERY best for miles and miles around...I'm getting hungry again !

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MustBe
Reviewed 17 June 2016

My stay at one of the leafier Soho House properties in Chiswick was a delight. I was there for a week and loved every minute. There was an assortment of full-size Cowshed products filling every nook and cranny of the bathroom, the towels were fluffy, the retro style was appealing. The rooms themselves are a nice size, paneled with a hook on every section with plenty of spots to hang your clothing. Since I'm a visual person, this allowed me to organize my outfits and kept my umbrella in reach on rainy mornings. Full tea service hidden in one of the drawers. The Soho House properties are clubs designated for those in a creative field, but even if you crunch numbers all day, your stay gives you full access to what typically only club members enjoy. Dinner in the dining room was delicious, my beers in the basement relaxing (which smells vaguely of hay from the days when it served as a stable). Sadly I was always up and out the door in the mornings and back late every night, so was never able to partook of a meal in the ground-floor bistro. A regret of mine. The area nearby is charming and walking distance to pubs serving Sunday roast, Chiswick House/gardens and the Thames. But, you will likely wish to walk about 1/4 mile to the Chiswick stop to head to London. Beware, there are stairs aplenty at Chiswick station, so best to cab it on your arrival/departure or pack lightly. An ideal set-up would be to stay in Chiswick at High Road for half your stay, then transfer to the Soho property in Shoreditch for an entirely different experience. That's for next time.

Room Tip: Since I was staying for a week, I asked for a quieter room away from the street.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo