The Sumner Hotel
USD 173*
USD 136*
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
USD 124*
USD 180*
USD 592*
USD 458*
  • Pool
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
USD 116*
USD 108*
USD 220*
USD 189*
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross(London)(Great Value!)
USD 101*
USD 90*
Priceline
1,438 results
All reviewsmarble archoxford streethyde parksmall hotelboutique hotelbreakfast roomquiet streetsitting roombeansinternet accessby london standardsdeluxe roomlounge areathe ground floorcentral locationexcellent locationnice room
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I had to go to London for business and by chance the meeting location was 20min from The Sumner. As I stayed there for one night in spring 2011, I decided to try it for a full week. That was a great choice ! I arrived on Sunday 22 January and stayed 6 nights. On my arrival after couple flights and a red eye flight, I hoped that my room would have been available earlier. This wasn't the case but the very nice receptionist was able to give me a similar room. That made a big difference for my first day. The whole stay was nice. The breakfast was good and the staff taking care of it excellent. As the Sumner is built from an old house, it's not perfect for stairs and some noise but if you can forget these tiny inconvenient that's an excellent choice for London. The area is quiet and close from everything. When I say close, it's close. You are minutes walking distances from subway, buses (tourist and normal), park, restaurants of all types, movie theatre, pharmacy etc. Hayes parks is close too and I suggest to go there all year. If you want to shop you are close to Oxford street that is also connected to Regent street. It was my first time in London at this time of the year and I'll return for sure and at the same hotel. Yes the weather isn't the best but if you want to see big landmarks, museum and shop that's a good time. I didn't want to give this hotel a too high mark, so I would have more chance that they had vacancies for my next trip :)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank CdnTravelFan
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Our staying at the Sumner was excellent: ideally placed to visit London, nice room, big and delicious breakfast (included in the tariff), kind staff....

Room Tip: We had room 206 on the third floor: very quite and comfortable.
4  Thank andread451
Reviewed 1 February 2012

This is the best hotel I´ve ever stayed at in London. Nice and extremly friendly staff. Great breakfast including hot english breakfast. Spacius room with king sized bed. The hotell is fresh and clean. This is really a home away from home!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Bente T
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Every thing in the hotel was perfect: the hospitalily, the location (less then 5 minutes from Marbel Arch, The breakfast, complimentry tea and cookies when ever we asked, the decor of the room, the beautiful lobby which makes you fill at home' the free internet.In our next visit we are going to be once more guests of the sumners.
We hope that next time there will be a safe in the room.
Avivi family

4  Thank Raya A
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The frontage of this hotel is very discreet - we wondered if it was someone's home! Despite being so central, it is in a quiet street, and feels very private and secure. The staff were very friendly and professional. The decor was modern and clean, but the ambience was very welcoming with candles, books etc in the lounge, with bowls of sweets, chocolates and crisps available for nibbly moments.
I loved that the shower also had a separate spray attachment - no having to be a contortionist aiming body parts at the fixed overhead shower! And the towels were the thickest I have ever experienced in a hotel.
I was surprised not to have any tea/coffee making facilities in the room, but did not think this serious enough to affect the rating. We ordered tea/biscuits but later found they were free.
The breakfast had a good variety of good quality foods, though the eggs etc were a bit cool by the time we got down for breakfast. Coffee was available, and tea on request. There was no toast, but I am sure they would have made some if I had asked.
We had a very good meal at The Grazing Goat hotel round the corner - we tried the fish restaurant but it was shut on a Saturday, which was odd we felt.
We would certainly stay there again and have no hesitation recommending it to others.

Room Tip: We had room 208 on the 4th floor, which overlooked the back. We could hear the room nextdoor, but not enough to disturb us.
2  Thank Marilyn M