“Great little place!”

Montagu Place Hotel
Ranked #34 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 May 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in this boutique hotel last September and were very surprised.
It was our first time in a small hotel, and we liked it a lot.
All the staff were very nice and tried to help in every way they could: recommending restaurants in the area, things to do and see and travel tips. They really went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

We stayed in the Swanky room which was decently sized (not huge). It is a really nice room with a very big bathroom which has both a shower and a large bathtub, everything looks really new and extremely clean, which is very important to us.
The Molton brown toiletries were also a very nice
Also the room is equipped with complimentary water, tea and coffee.

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel so I can't really comment on that.
The hotel is located in a very nice and quiet area, just a few minutes walk from the Marble Arch underground station and a few minutes the other way from another station.
At the corner of the street there is a bus station which we also used quite often and was very convenient.

The bed in the room was very comfortable for both of us.

Consider the fact that there is no elevator.

Overall we really enjoyed the stay and felt like it was money well spent, we are looking forward to stay here again for our next visit in London.

Sorry for the messy review, it is my first time writing one.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Goonzer

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for a night in the Swanky room. The reception staff are fantastic and went out of their way, one chap in particular, to make our stay exceptional.
The room was fine, large, a comfy bed and everything you would want. The breakfast was a ok, there were no staff to greet us, and no menu given, an option of boiled eggs or scrambled eggs were given, but it was sufficient and set us up for the day.
Overall, I would say, the hotel is more of an upmarket bed and breakfast in a great location rather than a hotel, it misses the professionalism, and areas for bar / resturant of a hotel but in being a "posh" bed breakfast has a more intimate feel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This is a decent choice for London. Stayed for a business trip where I pretty much just slept and left. For this, the room was fine. Bigger than I have normally found in London, the decoration was fine (calm, neutral colors) and the room was clean. The only negative point was that it was noisy. I was in a basement room (which was fine since I arrived late and left early) and the air conditioner and the water pipes were noisy. Everyone was super friendly and they kept asking what I thought. Aside from the noise (which seems to plague all hotel rooms in London), breakfast was the only real negative point; there wasn't coffee or tea to be found anywhere. (I didn't have time to hunt it down.) I would recommend this hotel and would probably stay again for business.

Room Tip: Room 2 (basement) was noisy. Try another one!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2012

A simply top rate hotel in a quiet area, yet conveniently close to the shops of Oxford street. Tastefully decorated, with friendly and helpful staff. My wife and I stayed in one of the smaller 'comfy' rooms. Small, but very clean with a very comfortable bed - my wife being an excellent judge of such things given that she was 5 months pregnant at the time! Warmly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This place is a good choice for all purposes. If you want to enjoy London and stay a decent place, and doesn't care much about the room size, do not hesitate. The staff was very assistive.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple