“More than expected - Excellent!”
Review of Rose and Crown

Rose and Crown
Ranked #69 of 566 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This was my first time to Wimbledon Village (one week for work in January 2012) and I was not sure what to expect when I was told we would be staying in an inn above a pub. We requested the top floor for fear of noise and they were very accomodating and met our requests. But I think even on the lower floors you would not be able to hear the noise from the pub in the rooms. The only noise I heard was from the street - horses at different times, but nothing extreme.
The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I arrived very early (10am at the latest) and my room was ready - 2 Twin Beds. The room was a nice size (traveling alone). Enjoyed breakfast each morning - cereal and toast with orange juice. (There were other options, but I remained constant). Had one dinner and it was delicious.
The inn is located in a cute area with shops and restaurants and an easy walk to the train station (downhill).. it's a bit more of a hike on the way back (uphill!). Also an easy walk to Wimbledon tennis courts.
I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank halliepee

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed here in a twin room for one night over Easter. The room was 120 a night. The bed was uncomfortable. Staff were unhelpful on most queries. I'm sure there are nicer places to stay in the area.
Location is good for Wimbledon village.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We had two rooms here on Saturday night. Great place to stay and of course Wimbledon Village is just beautiful - great pups and shops, village feel 15 mins from central London. The pup is busy but very family orientated - at lunchtime on Saturday it was full of children, dogs, rugby fans - a real mixture. Lunch and breakfast were both great - good value and very tasty. They catered very well for our dietary requirements too (coeliac). We had rooms on the top floor and both were a good size, well furnished, 30+ tv channels, room service and very clean. Brilliant service. Book in advance - we paid £108 per room but the price did rise to £170 nearer the time.

Room Tip: Rooms are well separated from the pub - no noise in the rooms at all.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We stayed one night in this charming location and expect to stay again. Despite being on the High Street we were not disturbed either by street noise or pub goers. It is an old building so there were some strange 'internal sounds' from, I think, the plumbing, however this did not detract from a lovely stay. On a previous trip to the Wimbledon area we had stayed with a hotel chain in a rather industrial location so it was a pleasure to look onto the High Street on Sunday morning and watch the peaceful march of horses heading to the snow covered Common. The other big plus was the freshly cooked breakfast rather than the usual buffet selection. Would recommend

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet and if you are of a philosophical bent you can look out over Eagle House...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Rose & Crown never disappoints. This must have been my tenth weekend visit over several years and every time the rooms, the service, the breakfast have been enjoyable experiences.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Wimbledon Hotel
The Dog & Fox
#68 of 566 in London
Justin James Hotel
#137 of 566 in London

Been to Rose and Crown? Share your experiences!