Open today: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm

from USD 64.40
from USD 20.10
from USD 44.30
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 January 2018

This could be one of the oldest pubs in London, but if you ask the owner, Roxy, she'll tell you she's been there for 20 years and then walk away. The signage boasts it was built in 1602 and from the looks inside, it could be accurate. But despite the ruddy owner and the eccentric interior, it is absolutely worth a quick visit. Just mind the cat! It's a guarantee you'll overhear some interesting conversations from Roxy and her visitors. The food was excellent, the selection of beers and wine are fine (did he just fill a craft of wine from a carton?) and the service (not Roxy) was awesome! However, there seems to be a cleanliness issue going on; hence, the 3/5 rating in the kitchen and the reason they have a gate up to block the cat from getting (sh**ing) on the carpet! And speaking of restroom, if you have issues climbing narrow stairs, you may have to find accomodations elsewhere. Sorry Roxy - won't be coming back.

1  Thank William F
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Brilliant Staff, Food and an all-around brilliant experience, it's a small, no BS pub and that's what you need these days!

1  Thank Darren K
Reviewed 24 October 2017

After spending af few hours in the court rooms in the court ( especially the courts of appeal) you neeed a drink and perhaps a snack
The seven stars is just opposite the back entrance to the court in Carey Street and is a wonderfull place to relax after your courtvisit.
Good atsmosphere, beer and food.
Remember to say hello to the cat

1  Thank mabCopenhagen
Reviewed 9 October 2017

This is my idea of heaven! A plain, simple, quiet and warm place with first class beer and better than decent food. A place to talk or just to sit and think. The room was graced by a splendid cat called 'Peabody' who was a very lucky rescue cat with a slot by the fire. Long may it remain just as it is. This goes into my top five pubs of England, hence of the world.

1  Thank ducatiboy
Reviewed 2 October 2017

The Seven Stars is one of my favorite pubs to visit. I was introduced to the place by a professor that I had in grad school. We went there as a class once (there was only 9 of us) and it became the go to place to grab a pint. Since my husband and I were visiting all our old favorite haunts on our honeymoon trip, we had to include the Seven Stars in our pub crawl. The place is very small. When the weather is decent, you can order at the bar and stand outside, which quite a few people do. We were there earlier afternoon on a rainy day so no standing outside for us. When you walk in there are some seats at the bar as well as two tables in the main room. There are then two side rooms each with a few tables. The place does serve food that is quite tasty. The menu changes frequently based on what is available so I never have had the same meal twice. They don't have the widest selection of drinks, but that is not why we go there. If I want a fancy cocktail, I will go to cocktail bar. My husband and I both had Guinness (which takes better in the UK than the US). The best part is the cat. His name is Peabody and he is very friendly. When we were there, he was sitting on one of the benches. We got to sit with him and purred and hung out. I can't wait to make a return visit.