“Very dirty”
Review of Four Stars Hotel

Four Stars Hotel
Ranked #428 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Hotel withdraw the full amount for ten days, but I do not for one night of bad hotel rooms are very dirty and very bad deal and the bathroom very dirty shower dirty broken a thousand times no bed of the hotel I advise everyone not to live in it, unfortunately thieves

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank umlamar l
There are newer reviews for Four Stars Hotel

Reviewed 3 January 2012

There are loads of these hotels in Paddington, which are really cheap, and in the main, not bad...this, unfortunately wasn't great. The room was big, but freezing and there was only a very thin sheet on the bed, which wasn't good considering the temperature was near freezing outside.

I think there are 2 blocks and positive reviews appear to be for the main block. We were in the block to the left, which I think is quite different, the worst thing about it was the bathroom, the ceiling of which was utterly caked in mould. Also there was no hot water at all. As we were heading for an early train, we couldn't be bothered to complain and just headed for the warmth and comfort of Paddington Station (you don't hear that said often!).

Put simply, there are a lot of better cheap hotels in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheJRR
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I traveled alone in April as a birthday present to myself and had booked this b&b through ratestogo.com so I ended up alone in double ensuite room for the price of a single one. After reading some of the reviews here I was a bit afraid about staying there but all in all it wasn't bad at all. Room and bathroom were clean and maid service was provided daily, bed was comfy and really that's all I needed. It is cheap and you have to consider that this is London after all. I would have to say that it is value for money. Location is really good and central, very good conection through night buses. Have in mind that this is a budget b&b and don't have high expectations and you'll be fine there.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Londoninheart
Reviewed 28 November 2011

complete dive this place needs closing down with imediate effect this place is not fit for pigs to live in mouse traps on the floor old bedding which is stained pillows might as well of slept without em carpets filithy dirty, curtains dont shut, bathroom moulded up shower curtain moulded up better of sleeping in a tent in hyde bloody park its no good asking for your money back as there is a sign saying no refunds under no circumstances if i could of got of refund i would of gone someone else straight away for what we paid we could of got a lovely hotel in the ramada down the road complete rip off for a hole dont book here whats so ever its the living hell

Room Tip: none of the rooms are any good run down
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ridetheroad
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stayed for 2 nights with my 8 year old son.
I found the hotel fine though was worried about the reviews which I only saw after booking!
We had a room looking out on the street and although basic was fine for us.
My son had frequent trips downstairs to ask the man at the desk to change his batteries on toys he had bought that needed a screwdriver and he was happy to do this! I also asked for a hairdrier and was given a very good one to use.
The breakfast was fine but no sausages on second day...but had our orange refilled at no extra charge.
It was really great for the tube stations and had a 24 hour shop on the way back that we got drinks for the night from.
I,m used to staying in very upmarket places but this was fine for a cheap trip and I would book again.
If people want luxury they should pay the price for it, not sure what people expect for London. We got the room very cheap online...basically half price and would not want to pay more than that.
Incidently there are no fleas in the room...it would be closed down if that was the case. And there IS hot water though sometimes you had to let in run for a little while.
I am rating this as very good for the class and price of the hotel.
It is not claiming to be a 5 star luxury place after all.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family