“The pecan pie is to die for!”
Review of Jackson + Rye

Jackson + Rye
Ranked #2,704 of 24,835 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 10 - USD 50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Jackson + Rye is a New York Brasserie, Bar and Grill serving classic French and American dishes alongside signature cocktails in a stylish and relaxed ambiance.
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Came here for brunch with some friends and the food was incredible, matched only by the service! Cocktails are delicious and well priced. We had steak and eggs, avocado benny and pulled pork breakfast, everyone loved their meals. The best part came with the dessert menu with some fun cocktails and incredible desserts. The pecan pie left me feeling like I could order an extra 2 before rolling myself out the door. A special thanks to Sasha for the special attention and great chats. We will definitely be back for more :)

1  Thank shanshan416

Reviewed 16 November 2017

We walked in by chance on a Tuesday night with no reservation, and were given a relaly nice booth table. The restaurant wasn't busy but we had to wait to order drinks / bread etc

A new member of staff was being trained, who was lovely, but things did take longer than we have expected

Food quality was great, if anything portions a tad small. Perfectly cooked steaks, chips and extras.

With two mains, one starter, two coffees and a reasonable wine it was £108 for two. not cheap but fine

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to Jackson + Rye Soho in about a month, since moving into the neighbourhood. We had walked past on numerous occasions on nights out but had never stopped in. When we moved into the area we needed a new breakfast place and stopped in after a quick google. Man, we were not disappointed! Great food and great service, combined with a great bar means win-win-win. On our first visit (an earlyish weekend breakfast), we had a pleasant and friendly waiter and had a great conversation with the GM (both names escape me). It was a little busy the next time around (Saturday afternoon brunch) but the hostess worked her magic to quickly seat us and Begoña (Begonia) did a fantastic job looking after us. She was friendly, warm and appreciated the same from us. Both times are great examples of service that makes you want to return. Highly recommend the maple slab bacon and the farmers eggs breakfast overall, and who wouldn’t want a breakfast old fashioned (read that as old fashioneds served before noon). Looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner here and bringing the in-laws at the weekend for a taste! Thanks guys!!

1  Thank Victor N
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I am a Londoner who frequently dines out and I have never experienced anything like this before. The minute my friend and I finished our food, we were presented with the bill. We didn't ask for the bill. We had been there for one hour at that point, and wanted to order something else after our meal, but they didn't even ask us. They decided that we wanted the bill. We went there to enjoy a nice weekend brunch and catch up after not seeing each of for a while. We were very planning on staying longer than an hour for sure.

It gets worse. When we made no move to pay, they started passively - aggressively hinting that we should leave. They took away our water bottle, which was not empty, and our glasses, and cleared the table completely. The server kept approaching the table and opening the bill book to check if there is money in it. After a while, another server approached us with the card machine and asked if we were paying cash or card. My friend asked "Do what have to pay now?", and he responded "No, I just saw you had the bill and thought you wanted to pay".

I have never felt so unwelcome in a restaurant before. If we have had been there for a couple of hours and said we didn't want anything else, then it would have been understandable. But it had been one hour only and they didn't even ask us if we wanted anything else.

Needless to say, I am never going back there.

3  Thank WrldExplrer
Reviewed 12 November 2017

After having a bad dining experience elsewhere, we managed to get a last minute booking with Jackson Rye and the service as always was excellent. Friendly, efficient staff, great food and atmosphere. We have been here a few times and the experience and value is highly recommended.