“Extra helpful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Brisbane, Australia
“Extra helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I have booked for five nights at 51 buckingham gate because of the wonderful reviews on trip advisor. At the last minute I have asked to change my booking, the reservations staff have gone out of their way to accommodate myself and family on what is to be a very special occasion. If this quality of service is anything to go by I am looking forward to a wonderful holiday!

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

These folks know how to treat their guests. They start making sure your visit is enjoyable before you even arrive, and then welcome you with smiles, knowledge and offers of any help you might need. A special thank you to butler, Iara Dias. She was especially warm, upbeat and gracious. Our suite was very comfortable, plenty of room and kept sparkling clean by an excellent housekeeping staff. Complementary cocktails in the library and elegant but relaxed breakfasts are a bonus. This is a tired traveler's refuge, simply a great place to stay in London!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Westchester County, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

Our family of four stayed here in August 2012 (post-Olympics) for five nights as the beginning of a two week European trip. We booked a 2 bedroom suite in the Falconers building. The apartment was comfortable and well appointed, if a little compact. The service was excellent. We particularly enjoyed room service: efficient and tasty. The complimentary bottled sparkling and still waters were a nice touch. Housekeeping was excellent. Every request was responded to immediately and the concierges were great with arranging our transportation from Heathrow to the hotel, giving directions, etc. though we planned most of our touring our own. The location was perfect for touring: five minute walk to Buckingham Palace and a short walk to Westminster and not much further to the London Eye. The tube was also very convenient. The only real "con" was that the all in one washer/dryer was difficult to figure out how to operate and took forever to dry clothes. The architecture of the hotel buildings themselves are beautiful. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JessLCH
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

Great service went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable! helped with a car rental restuarants late check out so we could see the changing of the guard! Everything went seamlessly the cocktails and appetizers from 6-8 was a real treat after a long day of site seeing!

Room Tip: We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite lots of room very enjoyable
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank 1LoveItaly
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Dear ILoveItaly,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for the descritption of your stay.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your suite and also to know that we were able to provide you with the flexibility you neede to make the best out of your time in London.

I sincerely hope you will return to 51 Buckingham Gate and to make sure that from a great experience your next stay with us is your greatest experience.

With many thanks and warm regards

Araceli Rius-Perez
Hotel Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

I am currently traveling from Australia visiting London for a few days with my sister and 2 young daughters. From the moment we arrived (today- I am that impressed!) we were treated like royalty- I have had the privilege in staying at many 5 star hotels around the world with my kids and can attest not one hotel has greeted my children and I with such warmth and genuine hospitality - usually, no matter how much we pay- having young children gets u dirty looks at nice hotels.
The service has been the best I've ever encountered, we were upgraded on arrival, we had popcorn and movies brought to our room for the kids, room service food was some of the best food I've ever had in any fine restaurant, our dining table was formally set for us.
Also- my daughter had complained of a sore ear on Saturday and we were unable to see a doctor over the weekend in the small village we were staying at- so I emailed the concierge a day before our arrival to ask directions to the closest doctor surgery- they arranged a doctor to visit our hotel room within 2 hours of checking in, needless to say he was one of the most nicest doctors I have ever met, sure enough she had a ear infection, but hotel staff sorted that out too and within an hour after doctor had left the script was brought to us in our room!
I have always been a ritz devotee - but I can safely say that thus far, bucking ham gate 51 has been the best hotel I have ever visited and I will recommend it to all I know!

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Charlie C
Dear CharlieC

Thank you very much for your amazing review and most of all for reviewing us on the first day of your stay. I am truly delighted to know that from the moment you arrived you felt looked after.

It was a great pleasure to have you, your sister and the girls staying with us and really happy that our doctor also influenced your experience of the services we offered you.

We love to have families staying with us and the large suites such as the one you enjoyed are just perfect to have a most comfortable stay and whenever you travel to a Taj Hotel be sure you young family will receive a wonderful welcome.

I thank you once again for your wonderful review and I very much hope to see you back at 51 Buckingham Gate very soon again.

Warmest regards and best wishes

Araceli Rius-Perez