4,454 results
All reviews aldgate east tube station brick lane spitalfields market tesco express london city tower bridge district line just round the corner minute walk business trip short stay convenient location rooms are small tea and coffee double room west end shoreditch
Reviewed 27 June 2017

This is a nice trendy hotel in a nice area. Close to London/Tower bridge and plenty of pubs and restaurants in the area. Underground right beside it so you can go anywhere.

Hotel itself is very modern and funky. No reception desk as such as everything is done via mobile phone which is very handy. Seems more hands on and personal! Rooms are small but have everything you need in them. Could do with more hanging space etc. but good if your just there for a weekend!

Breakfast was lovely. It had everything you want. All hot and cold options, muffins, juices,smoothies and a selection of meats and cheeses so all options were catered for.

The bar was nice but expensive. There are pubs on either side of the road which are a lot better value.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Giullaume D, - at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback which serves as an encouragement to all the staff. If our guests have more clothes to hang, we are happy to assist them at reception and provide extra hangers.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

What a great hotel. quirky and contempory interior design.superb location.totally hassle free check in / check out. we had one of the brand new rooms on floor 10 which was great. we will defiantly be back. Thanks.I

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you very much for your positive feedback and the excellent score you rewarded us with! We are glad that you had a great time with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Confusing, very bad at the beginning, close to a real disaster, but at the end a very honest Hotel !!

Arrived last December, around 23 PM, my family and my parents in law. Two rooms booked earlier in September, one double with extra bed and a Normal Double one.

When we arrived, as said late at night my parents room was OK, they made check in and wet upstairs to rest. I wasn’t so lucky, my room doesn´t exist. Overbooking they say. From several suggestions from going by car / táxi to other hotel, sleeping on the room floor, etc, we end 2 hours late to get a room for my family abd I was putet in a room waiting for renovation.

Breakfast very nice, but if you do not fancy Hotel Breakfast we have just around the corner very offers with a much more reasonable price.

The hotel is what it is. IT’s clean, the rooms are quite OK, and if you need to go to the City is very well located as well have a Tube station 50 mts.

We had during our stay a night to remember. At certain poit that was a Light cut, and we start to ear a sort of fire alarm, so we decided to left our room and go down to the reception in order to know what is really happen. We used the emergency stairs, and we got trapped on the last floor as all doors were closed, so we had to climb one floor again and then use the guest stairs to arrive at the reception !!!

My best experience with this Hotel happened after we arrive home. Following the mess they made with the reservations, they charged me, on my Credit Card, more money that they should !!!

After 3 or 4 mails, on which they were very polite and concerned, I got my money back, as they recognise their mistake. Honest People !!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Giullaume D, - at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Ibis London City. I am sorry that your experience did not completely meet your expectations.
I sincerely apologize that due to mistake in our system, we did not have a room available for you. I am glad my colleagues eventually found a solution and you did not have to travel to another hotel.
When there is a fire alarm, all doors automatically close to prevent the fire from spreading to other parts of the hotel, however you can still open them manually.
I am really sorry for overcharging your credit card. If there is a mistake on our side, we are ready to acknowledge it and accept our responsibility to refund the amount which was overcharged.
We hope that despite all the issues you will give us a chance to better serve you in the future. We are happy to upgrade your reservation for free and accommodate you in our newly renovated sweet bed rooms. If you decide to book with us, please contact us via email h5011-rd@accor.com to collect your free upgrade.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

This is definitely one of the best Ibis hotels we have stayed in, rooms are very clean and the staff are extremely helpful and are also very quick to requests and service behind the bar. This is a great hotel if you're looking for a different part of London to the normal touristy spots. Less than 5 minutes walk to the Spitlefields market and the tube 1 min walk which is 5 stops to Kings cross it's a great hotel and area to try. The other thing that stood out for me about this hotel was what looked like the manager who was always watching making sure everyone was ok and been looked after....it was really good to see as you don't see that level of service in many other hotels

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Giullaume D, Front Office Team Leader at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis London City - Shoreditch .

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback especially when it's coming from someone with such a keen eye for details. I will share your comments with our team who is always open to receive any feedback and especially yours will serve as an encouragement to us all as we strive to fulfill a memorable experience for our guests.

Thank you again for taking your time to share this wonderful words, and I trust that your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Lorena Vasile
Front Office Team Leader

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Good, clean hotel, air-conditioning much appreciated. Neighbourhood a little dicey but excellent transport links from Aldgate East or Liverpool Street, also bus stops close by. Several breakfast places in the neighbourhood, small Tesco next door.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Giullaume D, - at Ibis London City-Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your positive comments and the high score you rewarded us with.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back!
We hope to see you soon.