“Disastrous”

easyHotel London South Kensington
Ranked #495 of 929 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Worse hotel ever. Not fit to be called a hotel. Room was so small I could hardly breathe. Even for free this hotel is not worth staying at. I would rate a negative 5 star.
The climb up the narrow stairs was tortuous. The corridors were tight. The less said about this apology if a hotel the better.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iedokpayi
NRahmeh, Manager at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Iedokpayi,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your opinion about staying with us. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve the experience for future guests.

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay on this occasion. Idea of our Hotel is to provide best basic standard and minimum options for best possible price in very good location and quite expensive area.

We hope as well that you will change your mind and give us another chance next time visiting London.

Kind Regards

Nour R AlTabbaa
Operations manager

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I mean, Jesus, if I have a second chance I would 11/10 not choose this hotel again.
1)First of all, this hotel is really small, I mean, REALLY SMALL. Man, I can't even sort my luggage inside my room. Basically, I am forced to open up and sort my luggage OUTSIDE my room, in the corridor, which again, tiny. So if you have something inside your luggage that you don't want others to see, this hotel might not be the one for you. Nevermind, scrap that, this hotel is not suitable for anyone.
2)Did I mention this hotel has no lift? Yeah have fun moving your luggage all the way up to your room.
3)Some rooms have no window, due to the result of creating so many capsule sized room. So if you are claustrophobic, like I said, this hotel is not for you. Of course, you can reserve one with window as an "upgrade" option, which costs more money obviously. However, those windows won't open because I think they sealed it.
4)The hotel operates in central air-con. During one of our night, the room is very hot and stuffy, so please do not expect the ventilation will acceptable in any standard, in the middle of my sleep I had to go down to reception and ask for a small fan to help the ventilation. Forget about the window, as I said, they wouldn't open.
5) They have a really small bathroom. It is literally like a space pod. Everything, the sink, toilet and shower are literally next to each other. So have fun try to turn around to do anything within the toilet because everywhere you turn you will bump into something.
6) They tried to charge me for towel even though I am staying for 2 days, which by standard I should have gotten a new one every day no questions asked.
7) Paid WiFi in 2017? LUL
8) Paid TV in 2017? MEGALUL

If you must stay in this hotel, just come alone and bring along one backpack because more than rooms will not fit if you got an extra bag.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Genio1994
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I unfortunately had to arrange last minute accommodation in London and needed something close to my meeting.

This god forsaken death trap should be shut down on numerous breaches of health & safety...bloke painting on the stairs..paint every where, no battery in the smoke alarm and just left on the window sill...

Add the lack of running hot water, the lack of hygiene and the general disrepair of the 'capsule' it all makes a shocking stay!

I'm not even hanging around for breakfast in the morning as I fear the worst

Stelios Haji-Ioannou you should be thoroughly ashamed you are even associated with this garbage

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank calvin e
Reviewed 26 May 2017

You know what you are getting with the EasyHotel and although this is THE smallest room I have ever stayed in, for the price I would choose this over a more expensive run down London dust bowl room pretending to be a three star hotel.

The room was clean and a nice temperature, the bed was comfy and the shower was good.

Great location so if all you need is a cheap somewhere to sleep, it's a great choice.

The staff were also lovely, polite and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank cathwilliams2017
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Firstly I need to point out that I'm surprised by some of the moans on here regarding room size and windows. It's all explained on the website people, there's nothing hidden here. If you want Kensington luxury pay for it. When I first arrived I wasn't too impressed by the size but over two days became quite fond. I couldn't complain, it was on the website. The bathroom was practical and did it's job, the bed was comfortable. The TV although small also did it's job, I wasn't expecting a 42 inch. The hotel was quite quiet as in noise and staff friendly. I would have marked this very good if it wasnt for the tattyness. The paint round the windows was going quite black, they were in dire need of some work. The panelling around the roof had also come away which I pushed back into.place. The plug in the sink was also broke, the nob for lifting it was missing. All seem like general ware and tear issues. None of this was to serious so I probably would book again. I guess there's no other locations in the area at this price so don't book it, expect luxury then complain.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Pimlico
South Kensington
NH London Kensington
NH London Kensington
#260 of 1,078 in London

Been to easyHotel London South Kensington? Share your experiences!