“Beyond Basic....”

easyHotel London South Kensington
Ranked #479 of 895 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 14 June 2016

I concur with all the other 'terrible' reviews on here - the only thing good about this place is the location and the friendly receptionist. The room is a hell hole - I only stayed one night as I was working late and had a very early start the next day, and that was more than enough!!! There was no air in the room at all - I am aware I booked a room with no windows - it was very hot, and I found out later that you have to go down to reception to ask for the person to adjust the temperature which is the same for all rooms on the floor. The TV is beyond rubbish - firstly it is the smallest TV I have ever seen, secondly the remote didn't work so the reception guy had to come into my room to try several remotes until he found one that did work and finally the picture was very jumpy so I couldnt really watch anything anyway!!! PLUS you have to pay £7.50 for the pleasure of watching the TV in the first place!!! ...also paid for wifi but then when in the room wifi worked for free without me putting in the code so that was a pointless waste of money!! Whilst on the subject of money you also have to pay £10 extra if you would like your room cleaned - what does that even mean???? If you don't pay the £10 maybe they dont change the sheets because the floor space is so tiny you wouldnt fit a broom head in the room to clean it let alone a hoover!! There is no space to put bags or hang up clothes and the shower is so close to the toilet you could sit on the loo and wash your hair at the same time. I know you get what you pay for but I have stayed in cheap hotels previously, namely Travel lodge, and have had a really comfortable stay with all the amenities I need and no add-on charges... Give me Travel lodge any day of the week... this place didn't even have a miniature kettle so I could have a coffee after my long day at work! The bed was super uncomfortable as well!! I will never ever stay in an EasyHotel again... There is cheap and cheerful and there is just plain cheap!!!!

Room Tip: Better off choosing a room with a window so you can at least breathe!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarah O
NRahmeh, Front Office at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Dear Sarah

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your opinion about staying with us.

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay on this occasion. Idea of our Hotel is to provide best basic standard and minimum options for best possible price in very good location and quite expensive area. When it comes to additional options we offer:
- Our rooms are cleaned every day for new guest and Cleaning option is for someone who is staying more then one day and have a wish to refresh the room.
- TV and WiFi are additional options in our hotel but if there is anything wrong here we are happy to provide any help we can to fix the problem.

We apologize about all the inconvenience and all problems that occurred during your visit.

We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve the experience for future guests. We hope as well that you will change your mind and give us another chance next time visiting London.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for easyHotel London South Kensington

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Booked one night here last minute as did not know area and had to visit the local hospital. Booked a standard room for nearly £70. I knew room did not have a window but was shocked how small and basic it was. Surely a small shelf could be fitted next to bed or even a wall light. When light switched off I had to crawl back into bed using mobile phone light. Only furniture other than bed was two coat hooks which were fixed so high up I had to jump to hang my jacket up. I paid for a tv remote but when I got back to room and settled into bed tried tv but to no avail, it did not work. Mentioned this in morning and asked receptionist to go and see if it worked
and if not could I have refund. The response I got was that I should have sorted it last night. Really?...got out of bed at 11pm, got dressed, traipsed downstairs to see if anybody was around? Oh and no plug in the sink. I know hotel is in an expensive area but this was just awful and depressing. Only positive was that bed was comfortable and the bedding was pressed and clean.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank MyMabel
NRahmeh, Front Office Manager at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Thank You very much for taking the time to write a review about your staying.
Our goal is to provide simple and basic standards for best possible price; I’m really disappointed that you were not satisfied with our staff, we appreciate your honest opinion and we definitely will use it to improve.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with the other half an although tiny, it was fine. Wasn't there for anything other than sleeping anyway so just what we needed. Bargain as well. We were in the basement rooms and didn't have an issues

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
NRahmeh, Front Office at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2016

Dear Laura,

We are very happy to hear that both of you were satisfied staying with us. Thank you very much for your opinion, and hope to see you again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 May 2016

I use this hotel often when travelling on business. Always clean and well run and the staff are always very helpful. Very basic but perfect for couples or those on business. Well located and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the easyhotel in South Kensington many times with my partner, we've always found it to be spotless and the staff to be extremely courteous, knowledgable and helpful. The hotel is handy for the tube and is situated right next door to a sainsburys supermarket which is handy if you need basics. In terms of price you pay for what you get, a comfortable bed with an ensuite toilet but let's be honest you don't visit London to sit in a hotel room! My only compliant is that the check in time of 3pm seems a little late, still I understand this isn't the hotels problem and is a company policy. All in all I have always enjoyed my stay here and will be returning at the start of June 2016!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
NRahmeh, Front Office Manager at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Dear RoDSJ,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is pleasing to know that you've rested pleasantly in our hotel and that you enjoyed the facilities offered in the rooms and the good location.

We are looking forward to see you back soon.

Yours Sincerely