“Fabulous musical”

and up
Chicago Theatre Show in London
Ranked #165 of 1,892 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Owned and operated by Ambassdor Theatre Group (ATG) the Phoenix was designed by Giles Gilbert Scott and Bertie Crewe. It opened in 1930 with the premiere of Noel Coward's Private Lives starring the author, Gertrude Lawrence and Laurence Olivier. Many star actors have appeared at the theatre including Maggie Smith, Diana Rigg, John Gielgud, Dustin Hoffman, Derek Jacobi, Kenneth Branagh and Stephen Fry. More recently the theatre has presented a number of successful musicals including, between 1991 and 2012, Willy Russell's Blood Brothers which became the theatre's longest-running show and was seen by over 5 million people. The theatre is now home to the award-winning Broadway musical Once.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The beautiful Phoenix Theatre is Home to the latest version of the brilliant musical Chicago. I’ve seen several productions over the years and this company is certainly delivering the wittiest performance I can remember. Do go see it!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"box office"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Full spectrum of enjoyment, energy, sarcasm, irony, absolutely stunning performance, outstanding play, impeccable voices and much much more!!!

With my daughter, who was on electric wheelchair we were there on 29 March 2018 and had fantastic boost of great musical played by excellent actors. Thank you so much for that!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The special effects were really good, and this was an enjoyable evening. The theatre was not very full - we visited towards the end of the run.

Wheelchair Accessibility
We had been booked into one of the boxes, but staff suggested moving into the first row of seats and this was indeed better. Refreshments could be ordered from the seat which was a very helpful touch.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Well first Friday night show as Chicago just reopen in the west end after a break with Cuba gooding Jr and a full on great cast both of us have a great night watching this show and the band were well on top of there game think we we were very lucky to get our weekend tickets for it well done all of the cast thank you

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Saw the ladt showing of The Exorcist here ( which was a great show by the way and I hope it tours as I will be seeing it again)
The theatre is relatively small compared to some we have been too but leg room was not a problem at all...old red velvet style seats with ornate decor ( you could imagine Phantom being staged here).
We sat row E Stalls with one if the seats being an isle seat.My wife and I had no problem with legroom and the view was great.
Seats comfortable for the length of the show
The only thing I did find was that it was very warm indeed..almost uncomfortably hot( but I was so engrossed in the show that it did not concern me too much..added to the effect of the show!)
Friendly staff and readily available if you have a request.You can ore order goodies and refreshments for the interval and these can be brought to you in your seat if you wish.
There is a bag check on entry which does not bother us and is for everyones safety.
I would definitely see another show at this London Theatre.

1  Thank JohnLisaD