“Great Food and Excellent Service”

Green's Steakhouse & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Green's Steakhouse & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,629 of 24,667 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 26 - USD 53
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: ****** TEMPORARILY CLOSED ****** Welcome to Green's Steakhouse and Grill. Green's, is a Restaurant in Southgate which is both a traditional London Steakhouse in a modern format, and a Gourmet Burger Bar. Green's Restaurant Southgate, is the perfect place for both relaxed family dining or a great night out. Our slogan is that the only thing in our Freezers, is Ice Cream. All of our products are both locally sourced and fresh. We hope you enjoy eating at Green's Restaurant Southgate as much as we will enjoy serving you.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

As i came into the restaurant i was greeted by friendly staff and sat down. I was enticed by the menu and ordered the XO burger. The burger came faster than i expected and it tasted great it was perfectly cooked and juicy and i enjoyed their burger sauce. All in all my experience at the restaurant was pleasant and i would recommend people to visit and i myself will come again.

GreensSteak, Manager at Green's Steakhouse & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Maksim M, Thank you for your kind words following your recent visit to Green's Steakhouse & Grill in Southgate. Both the team and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future. With kind regards, Green's Southgate

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I could say a lot about this place on several different issues. First time visiting the new location since it moved and straight away felt that there was no atmosphere in the restaurant. The small, dark, low ceiling unit has no charm and is very noisy. It is nothing like the old building which was very nice and had character.
One thing I thought would have changed with location was the menu. I expected at least some new dishes but was disappointed to find the same overpriced and un-interesting menu. The price for a steak is extortionate and the quality of meat has dropped. I had a ribeye which was extremely fatty and had lots of sinew throughout. The steak itself was not cooked correctly. I asked for medium rare and it came out rare, almost blue in some parts. For a restaurant that prides itself on their steaks, they seriously need to improve and source better quality cuts.
We ordered a portion of onion rings which are described on the menu as legendary. Far from it; they were over cooked and seemed as if they were left under the heat lamps too long. They had a Poor quality batter with no taste of cider at all.
Mac and cheese side was not macaroni. It was under seasoned and very oily.
To say one thing, the pepper sauce did not disappoint and that is really all I can say.
Having been to the previous restaurant many times, "Greens" has definitely gone backwards in more ways than one.
I am sad to see it as I did like the old restaurant and quality was good.
Hopefully they can take this into consideration and improve the menu and standard of cooking.
Whether I choose to return and find out is another story.

2  Thank Marc S
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Lack of service, menu’s all covered in grease and food. Not up to the standard as the old venue. No one really controlling the floor or team . For a Friyaa it was a Frinaa . All I could do was think Red , Amber, Green on everything. Starters Amber - portion size poor ,calamari 6 rings from frozen packet I think .
Mains Amber - quality of cut of streak and size for cost. The highlander knocking spots off you now.
Experience - Red

I wish I had read other reviews before I asked friends to try Greens again.

Recommend get the team loving the customer again and check out portion control it’s getting skimpy or get smaller plates .

1  Thank Billbur
Reviewed 18 March 2018

My wife and I and a friend had respectively a Burger, Salmon, ribs. Salmon good; ribs dry and not a lot of meat on them; burger was overcooked with hard blackened edges. I complained to the manager and was given a second burger in bun. This was good. Toilet cubicle needed to be inspected by staff member. Manager agreed, but said were very busy. True, as it was Mothers' Day. I liked the attitudes of waiters and the manager. My W.I.G.A? (Would I Go Again?) rating 7 / 10. Worth a second visit to try steaks.

1  Thank D.D_and_Mrs.L.D
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Just got home from a gorgeous meal at Greens. We had the Chateaubriand, fries and salad. The quality of food and service is what you would expect in central London but without the exorbitant price tag. We finished up with chocolate brownie to share which we regretted sharing as it was so delicious, followed by two lovely coffees. Couldn't recommend this restaurant enough as it's local but with a standard of food and service you usually have to travel for. Both of the team who looked after us were the perfect mix of friendly and professional and made us feel really welcome.

1  Thank lindseyo600