All reviews finsbury park emirates stadium victoria lines hotel was lovely and clean full english tube station one night stay single room family room yogurt priced hotel english breakfast would definitely stay here again rooms are small few minutes walk room was spotless couple of nights
Reviewed 11 December 2016

The facade of the building is encouraging - it presents well as a boutique hotel and overall the building is in good order and decoration. And its a relatively cheap hotel but compared to say travel lodge or premier inn which can pitch in at similar rates, the rooms are teeny-tiny and the separating walls paper thin. Noisy guests in the corridors didn't help with the quality of sleep - these issues can happen with any hotel but staff intervention to keep noise down would have been nice. These minor issues I'd forgive but my big disappointment was in the breakfast room. Customer service was unacceptably poor - the staff ignored not just me but other hungry guests while they attended to tables in a somewhat lackadaisical manner. I ended up clearing a table myself so I could have breakfast before I needed to leave for my meeting. A family of four had waited so long they also requisitioned a table that had not yet been cleared but had lain empty for over five minutes, others waited at the door, watching the empty tables being passed over while staff faffed. We have a tea room and our staff are taught to acknowledge customers, clear tables quickly and ensure customers feel attended to even if it will be a few minutes for food to arrive. Leaving people ignored at the door is not acceptable. Waiting staff struggled to work in the medium of English so a bilingual maitre'd with good command of English and more experience of waiting would help bridge the customer service gap. I've used other budget hotels in London, this one is ok and has the potential to offer good value, but waiting staff need sorting out as they've let the team down on this occassion.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2016

the room was standard until you get a closer look;
window next to my bed would not close and appeared to be broken so it was a pretty cold night for me, there was a nasty stain or bird poo look alike stuck to the wall next to my mothers bed.
at breakfast I nicely requested my food be well done and when it arrived the bacon was pink and looked still alive, my mother then asked the waitress to kindly cook the bacon abit more considering we did ask for well dome and she told me in exact words "SHE CANT" ABSOLUTELY APPAULING SEVICE. tea came around 10 minutes before my breakfast which was not acceptable.
At night time considering I travelled with my 14 year old daughter there was a lot of noise from staying guests as well as banging and slamming of doors so there was no consideration for other guests.
me and my family will not be staying here again. hotel looks ver nice from the outside but on the inside tells a completely different story.
they have shower/toilet rooms that are not in rooms and they are not clean at all. sink basin filthy and carpets with bits and marks.
bathroom in our room was very tiny and I mean VERY TINY and it is supposed to be a family room.
only positive was that it is in a great location and situated not far from public transport

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank SParkleZ30
Reviewed 2 December 2016

A nice small hotel in the Finsbury Park area of London (in zone 2), very close to the tube station and several other amenities such as a Tesco Express, Subway and small newsagent-type shops. The room was immaculate and so was the bathroom, clearly recently refurbished. I paid around £60 for the night for a single room but prices do often rise higher than this. The room was small but ample for a one night stay and sole traveller. It also had reliable Wi-Fi and freeview TV.

There were a couple of negatives though. The bathroom loo seat wasn’t screwed on properly, the bathroom vanity light and shaver plugs did not work – maybe these are after-affects of the recent refurbishment. The sink is also tiny and it is near impossible to have a wash in this sink without soaking the entire bathroom! It would also have been nice to have more than one towel in the bathroom and more than one small pillow on the bed (there were no extras in the wardrobe), these should really come as standard in all hotels and usually do.

Aside from the above, my main negative is that the walls are incredibly thin and it is possible to hear your neighbour on the phone, watching tv, flushing the loo and even their bathroom fan. It is no exaggeration to say that I could hear my neighbour snoring very clearly in the room next door – the walls are obviously paper thin and not really suitable for overnight accommodation. This is not ideal and is the only reason I wouldn’t rush back.

Breakfast is included in the room rate and consists of full English and/or continental and was OK. Staff are friendly.

I would recommend to sole travellers if you can get a good price (and a quiet room). Maybe request extra towels, pillows and some earplugs to to make your stay more comfortable!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank LostinLeeds
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Hotel is in a good location for the Emirates stadium, the rooms are comfortable very clean and tidy, the staff are helpful and there was good selection for breakfast. Finsbury park station is 5 minutes away, and there are plenty of local shops.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2016

Very clean and tidy, all facilities very good. Breakfast was lovely. Staff were all very helpful and polite. Beds could have been a little more comfy but for a one night/short break it was perfect. There are a lot of stairs in the property which is not made clear at time of booking but was not an issue for myself.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple