“Best pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Cosy little place. Friendly staff. Girl who served us, very sweet (red hair glasses). Tiramisu was amazing. Best to book in advance. ;)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

As the title indicates the pizza it good in fact very good good but at just under £9 for a margarita and a service charge of 12% the prices a too much. The pizzeria is quite small so would recommend booking a table in advance.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We really enjoy coming here, both as a family and for ‘date night’. The Pizzas are the real deal - you could be anywhere in Italy, the ingredients are great quality, and the pasta is also super tasty. The staff are excellent, attentive, and the atmosphere in such a small place can be very intimate, other than the only negative which is that there are often bikes and delivery/Deliveroo drivers outside, and if you’re in the table near the front, frankly it’s a bit disruptive, is a bit of an eyesore, and occasionally means service isn't as good as it should be.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

If you're after Neopolitan-style, slightly chewy, thin-based pizza with a choice of traditional and more inventive toppings, this tiny place really is hard to beat. It's not a coincidence that most of the weekday clientele are Italian, and that at weekends the queue often stretches down the street. Criticising it on the basis of its popularity (it's small, so waiting for a table is common) is unfair, as the informal, slightly cramped setting is - for me - part of the charm. We've ended up sharing tables more than once in the recent past and always had a good time with our companions. The prices are mid to high, but that, I suspect, is a function of its position on the main shopping street in Hampstead - not a location famed for its bargain basement ethos. I can't get enough of it, and have to admit to being slightly thankful for every less than 5 star review it gets, as it means I am more likely to get a table. Don't skip desert - the tiramisu is great.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

This place is recommended by the famous Gambero Rosso so I was curious to try it. The pizza is a traditional one but in my opinion is too thin and soft in the middle and if you don't use the fork it will fall down. Now, this is my personal opinion, that shouldn't happen. In Napoli you could actually find also this kind of pizza, but I always prefer when the pizza is not so thin and almost liquid in the middle.However I cannot agree with a lot of criticisms saying that it is too burnt. Often even in the best pizzeria in Napoli the crust could be a bit burnt and I can assure you no Italian would be bothered about it.The crust of this pizza is actually perfect and some ingridients are better than the average but I didn't have that wow feeling. Nice restaurant with professional and very nice staff.

Alessandro B, Owner at L' Antica Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Federico,

Thank you for the review although I'm afraid you reviewed not the restaurant you have visited. I assume you meant another pizzeria, with very similar name to ours, that is located in Baker Street- they have just been recommended by Gambero Rosso hence we assume you meant them, not us- L'Antica Pizzeria in Hampstead.
Also, we don't make our pizzas very thin ;)
Best Regards!