“¡Perfectkua!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Belgravia
Description: Ametsa, awarded its first Michelin star in September 2013, is a unique collaboration between The Halkin and a team that includes chef Elena Arzak- voted Veuve Clicquot World's Best Female Chef earlier this year - along with her father Juan Mari Arzak, Mikel Sorazu, Igor Zalakain and Xabier Gutierrez. Father and daughter hold three Michelin stars at the original Arzak restaurant in San Sebastian, Spain.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Dining at this wonderful Basque restaurant reminds me that I, and too many other reviewers, have been too loose with their fives. I think I've stated this before, but the different between very good and amazing (that is, between 4 and 5) should be like the difference between a Sheraton and a Four Seasons.

Ametsa is amazing, a true 5..

The ambiance, the service and THE FOOD make for a memorable experience. The service is very much in the Four Seasons style -- friendly, informal and thoroughly professional.

The cuisine is superb.

Yes, Ametsa is pricy, but worth it.

Why Michelin has given it only 1 star is beyond me. We have eaten at many Michelin starred restaurants, some not deserving any star. Ametsa deserves 2, for sure, maybe 3.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing lunch tasting menu! We went as we had a red letter day deal and chose to come and dine at ametsa for the lunch tasting menu which included 7 dishes, glass of cava, tea and coffee and chocolates. We also decided to have the selection of Spanish cheeses which was only an extra £5.

When we arrived the place was small and intimate which I thought made it more special. It was very modern and stylish but simplistic which was nice. The service was absolutely amazing. We were not made to feel out of place or below anybody else just because we had a deal. The staff were so friendly and attentive and made us feel comfortable.

As for the food, each dish was presented in such a unique way and was full of flavours we would of never experienced if it wasn’t for this restaurant. We were made to feel very special and the food was nothing like I’ve tasted before. Absolutely excellent! I would highly recommend this place. We even asked about the cheeses and what they were to which the waiter said we will write them down for you. We thought this was so lovely and was expecting a paper with some names of cheeses but instead we received a typed scroll of the names and what animal the cheese came from which was a nice thoughtful little touch.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely night, the staff are wonderful, attentive without being overpowering and really informative!
We had the set meal which was amazing, accompanied by the martini sangria- delicious and cava.
Would highly recommend and will definitely visit again
Thanks again to the great team!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I went for my 20th wedding anniversary. So it was special. It absolutely lived up to being special. The food was incredible. From the bread to the cod to the ox cheek to the apple donut. We drank some lovely Ribero del Duero with supper and drank a deliciously raisiny Pedro Ximinez after. Will definitely visit again. We also had the sherry tasting which was beautifully explained by the professional and courteous waiting staff. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We visited for my husband's birthday. We had the tasting menu - and everything was excellent. The food was delicious and surprising - a real treat. The staff were excellent and really made the evening special for us - including a delicious birthday cake for my husband. Highly recommended.

1  Thank VLS234