“Best restaurant in Crouch End”
Review of Zer Cafe Restaurant - CLOSED

Zer Cafe Restaurant
Price range: USD 10 - USD 26
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean and British cuisine in a relaxed and welcoming environment
Reviewed 27 January 2015 via mobile

Zer restaurant is a place I use a lot sometimes up to 3 times a week pretty much every week for the last year .
The food is great but the lamb casserole is the best ..

1  Thank Kevin L

Reviewed 11 December 2014

there is : food, internet , coat hanger , clean toilets my rate is 5/10
it is a long way to get to Crouch End also i would never come back to this place i would of rather stay at home and stayed warm and this place was so cold if your thinking to come to this place to eat i am going to say this to you its a cold place

Reviewed 21 November 2014

We visited for breakfast recently on a quiet weekday.

Food:

The quality of the food here is not in question, it is of a good and fresh standard and is very good. The portion I had for breakfast however was less than acceptable (1 sausage, 1 egg, a small portion of beans and a slice of bacon with a couple of bread roles to share). Not terribly filling and I am afraid that if I had wanted a dainty breakfast I'd simply have ordered a boiled egg. My partner also held the same view of the portion sizes. If however you are wishing to have a small portion you will of course be satisfied.

Restaurant:

The restaurant is well presented and has a nice ambiance, it is clean and comfortable although the bathrooms could do with a deep clean or overhaul. It is pleasing to see a restaurant not playing music at a volume that precludes you from having a conversation but it was however so quiet that it was irritating. Overall, it is a pleasant and light environment.

Service:

The service is pleasant but nothing extraordinary. It is simple cafe style service with the food being placed on your table with no frills. There was no offer of more drinks and despite a disproportionately large amount of bread relative to the size of the breakfast, we were I offered 1 wrapped cube of butter per person. The lady with darker hair was very pleasant but the other waitress appeared to be somewhat uneasy and I wasn't impressed when she dropped the chip and pin machine on the table instead of passing it to me and was disengaged throughout. I found the service at times to be a little dour at points and at other points friendly.

Overall Conclusions:

Because of the mixed nature of the service and the unimpressive breakfast I'm afraid my overall experience was underwhelming. I would however chance a dinner here and indeed would like to based on the other reviews, I cannot however recommend breakfast as it stands (certainly not the £5 breakfast advertised outside anyway). Nice food, mediocre service - give it a go for a casual lunch or dinner.

1  Thank JamesDavies1988
Reviewed 10 October 2014

This is a real find. It is not trying hard to be trendy like a lot of restaurants nearby and is all the better for it. The food is tasty and fresh and the staff welcoming and polite. I had passed it a few times but the breakfast menu made me wary that it may not be a proper evening restaurant. I'm glad I tried it and will be back again. If you like good Turkish food don't miss it

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was here with my mother at around 9 o'clock on a sunday night. The service was impeccable. I had the chicken shish kebab, which was delicious. The atmosphere is perfect; great lighting and very quiet. The restaurant was generally very cosy.

2  Thank clarapopenothor