“Jamon Jamon paella was amazing on our wedding day 22.09.18 Our guest loved it!!!”

Jamon Jamon - Belsize Park
Ranked #4,984 of 25,450 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 13 - USD 26
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2018

The paella was amazing on our wedding day 22.09.18. Just as I remember it on the Portobello Market when I first tried it, our guest loved it for sure! Thanks Jamon Jamon, for coming all the way to Hertfordshire to cater on our wedding! We requested a last minute split of our portions to add a Paellla Vegeteriana on top of the Seafood and Chicken Paella we already had. Nicolas was very happy to accommodate us with everything we requested. We Can't Recommend Jamon Jamon Highly Enough! Jasmina & Paul Riddell.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

Visited with friends on a Tuesday evening 7-9pm.

Upon arriving, not especially busy. One of those restaurants that uses mirrors to make it look bigger and busier.

There were a number of very big issues with this restaurant:

Waiter brought a number of things we didn't order and pointed rudely at me insisting I ordered them. They charged for the items I didn't order. Any normal restaurant would remove from the bill and offer to take away. Which makes me think it's part of their strategy to accuse people of ordering food and charge them.

Food is below average; patatas is literally refried potato cubes with no seasoning on them whatsoever; salad isn't dressed and uses bland produce; chocolate cake was bland and served with squirty cream and bottled chocolate sauce. "Bread with olive oil/butter" literally is just four slices of a stale baguette served with foil packs of butter. Don't be deceived by the brown sourdough shown in the photo of Paella on TripAdvisor.

Food is very overpriced. The 'salad' was £7.50, the four slices of baguette were £1.25, the garlic bread (3 slices of garlic baguette) was £4 (which I didn't even order). The small slice of cheap chocolate cake was £7. 12.5% is added to the bill.

The best thing you can order is the croquettes and the Pisto Murciano. The toilet is also surprisingly nice!

1  Thank Vicky B
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at this restaurant several times and enjoyed the food, although I agree with other reviews that it is overpriced.

Last night, we had a terrible experience.

The waiter/manager spilt red wine on my dad’s lap. The first thing he said was, “Why did you put the wine there?” He didn’t bring any napkins but he did say that we could send the dry cleaning bill and he brought us a new glass of wine.

At the end of the meal, we gave him a 20% off voucher that we had received from our previous visit as a gesture to apologise for poor service. However, the waiter/manager refused to honour the voucher. He said that the owner of the restaurant had put a PIN number on the till to prevent discounts being applied. He told me that the owner was a bad person and bullied the staff. I asked him to take off a few dishes to provide the equivalent monetary discount. He said that if he did that, the chef would be angry. So I asked to speak to the chef. He told me that if he asked the chef to come and talk to me, the chef would tell him to f**k off. I was shocked! After a fairly heated discussion about how we wouldn’t pay the full bill, he finally agreed to remove all the drinks and the service charge from the bill.

I will never return to this restaurant. Absolutely atrocious behaviour. Disgusting.

4  Thank Adventure739375
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Have been going here regularly for over a decade and always enjoy it. Staff are very friendly and the manager, David, is always working on new ways to improve the experience. The food is very good with a nice selection of tapas and reasonably priced. We’ve taken Spanish friends too and they’ve enjoyed it. Also has a great terrace for the warm weather.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Good food and good prices in Belsize Park. The food is genuine Spanish food and lovely waiter also. I’m back sure