“Perfectly Pleasant Persian”

Hana Persian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hana Persian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,036 of 24,832 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 0 - USD 21
Cuisines: Persian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We firmly believe in giving our clientele a unique experience, an experience in a relaxing atmosphere without having to worry about anything. We the hope that Hana Restaurant will become your favourite venue to celebrate birthdays, special occasions or just to relax after a busy day.
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Hana can be found just off the main shopping area in West Hampstead, set in a small unit with only about twelve tables, so it can be busy.
Limited choice of well-executed lamb and chicken dishes, our party shared nice warm flatbread and humous starters, then had a selection of kebabs, with rice and a really tasty lamb shank with two varieties of rice.
Beer at £5 a bottle, wine sensibly priced for London. All in all a nice venue, away from the chain eateries. Usual London trick of adding 12.5 % service charge to the bill, in advance, but apart from forgetting one dish - maybe use a pen and pad, not try to remember the whole order? - the staff were friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

The food was tasty but the price was over the top - £35 a head for a small salad starter ( cucumber, tomatoes and red onion) main course mixed kebab 2 chunks of lamb and 3 of chicken it’s slices of pepper/ onion in between and salad - 2 glasses of wine and one dessert to share - really poor value money.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

My mother and I were in London for the night, we passed this restaurant and with neither of us having eaten Persian food before, gave it a quick Trip Advisor search. The rating alone made the decision for us and it didn’t let us down. Lovely staff, fabulous food, so delicate and clearly authentic. Highly recommend and would love to return one day. Many thanks

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I was invited here with family last night. I made the mistake of ordering some supposedly marinated prawn dish. They arrived with well over half a plate of rice and six incinerated tiger prawns that were so overcooked I couldn't even pierce the flesh with my fork. The ones I did chew were like day old chewing gum, which probably would have had more flavour.

After trying to get any staff attention after about 15 minutes I gave up on the food and lack of service. The waiter finally came to speak to me, and as a chef myself, I pointed out the culinary disaster in front of me. Apparently I should have gotten up and cornered somebody to tell them how bad the food was, rather than them coming back to the table a few minutes later to check which never happened. I was then told that they would have been able to do something about it had that happened. No offer to regfire the meal or offer an alternative....

About ten minutes later another plate of overcooked prawns were brought to the table by the manager who I asked to wait while I showed him the same disaster. At this point he thought it was appropriate to argue with me and then snatched away my plate completely and flatly refused to offer me anything else!!! Then he rolled out the usual excuses of nobody else complaining, loads of happy customers etc. I told him to not expect me to pay.

If it was the last place on earth to eat, I'd choose starve and that is exactly what I did till my family finished their meals and we left.

I've never been so bitterly disappointed at the poor standard of food and service from people who should know better. As for the menu overall it is overpriced, completely lacking in vegetables and poorly executed.

If you want a decent meal out you would get better food at a cheap kebab shop.

3  Thank Guy S
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Lovely little restaurant - really delicious food and big portions. Friendly staff. Only negative is they managed to lose our booking which had been confirmed by them via email, although they did manage to fit us in, luckily, otherwise would have been disappointed.