“£300 for bad service, tastless belly dancers and below average food”
Review of Buddha Bar London

Buddha Bar London
Reserve with OpenTable
Buddha Bar London is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,047 of 25,043 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 65 - USD 79
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Bringing unparalleled glamour and opulence to Knightsbridge, Buddha-Bar Restaurant London is a member of the world-famous fleet of Buddha-Bars. A hive of exotic wonder, guests can sample innovative cocktail mixes, fine wines and luxurious pan-Asian flavors in a setting filled with sensual lighting, authentic artifacts and elaborate Indian prints. A jaw-dropping destination, Buddha-Bar Restaurant promises to be one of London's most sought-after destinations.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was my second time at Buddha Bar, the first visit was quite a while ago (roughly 3years) and was fabulous. Great service, amazing food and nice atmosphere. This time not so much… When I booked the table I was informed that there would be a belly dancer at 9pm so we went ahead and booked a table downstairs where we had to have a minimum spend of £65 per head (which is not difficult to achieve) We had a table that was located right next to the till where a minimum of 3 waiters were constantly standing around. The stage was out of sight but this was the 2nd highest per head minimum charge rate so I expected a better view… When we were seated, within 1min we were asked if we decided on drinks or food, this was the last time that we were asked anything! We had to call constantly the waiter (luckily there were always 3 right next to us) we usually also had to remind them of our order and everything took ages especially our drinks (we had beer NO cocktails). One of the waiters told me it is best to order only with him to ensure we get it. This is a little sad considering our bill came up to £300 for 3ppl!
The food was ok…. A little tasteless. The prawn tempura only tasted of butter. The chicken salad (signature dish) tasted of nothing. The mango maki was ok. The Prawn Pad Thai was the best with the beef dumplings. The duck spring rolls were also nice but overall very disappointing. The Asahi was flat and the waiters just never asked if we want more, or dessert or any other drinks.
We asked various times when the belly dancers would show up and every time we were told in the next 15minutes. They turned up at 11pm!!!! Not 9! These ladies, well how can I say this best, were not the typical belly dancers, especially since they mainly threw their hair around and shook their breasts in men faces. They walked right past us (maybe because we were 3 women?!) Considering that I saw many of these shows before, it was very disappointing and not worth the wait.
The best thing was the live band and that is it!
Don’t bother going, there are tons of better places out there with nicer atmosphere, classier shows and attentive service

1  Thank L L

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Food wasn’t amazing but I’ve definitely had worse. Scottish beef steak was good. My problem wasn’t the food.
Like most restaurants, Buddha bar had a candle on their table. As I went to pay, I bent down to get my purse out of my handbag, and my hair caught fire on the candle! I managed to put it out in seconds but of course I was super distressed.
A waitress approached me and asked what happened. I told her my hair burnt. And she said, ‘oh ok because I could smell something’ (very strong burning hair smell) ... and just walked off! She didn’t even ask me if I’m ok or if I needed anything.
After getting over the shock of my hair burning and cleaning off frizzled hair off my leg, taking a few pics of my head to see if it was ok, I called the manager and complained about the waitress who clearly knew my hair burnt and did nothing to check on my welfare.
The manager, in response, stared at me blankly and said oh I’m sorry. And then stared in silence at me some more.
My friend said, is that it. Are you just going to stare at her blankly. So she said oh I’m sorry again.
She took the service charge off the bill. We paid and I rushed out of there as soon as I could.
Accidents happen, but it’s the establishment duty to have a process of care in place if it does. Or even just some damn empathy.

1  Thank milkshaikh
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We came to Buddha bar London since my friend has been to multiple ones across the world. This restaurant is absolutely beautiful, and the music is some of the best I’ve heard in a while.

The food was good, but nothing to really rant and rave about, apart from the lobster bisque which was killer. The drinks were great though, and strong.

The service was a little subpar for such a nice restaurant. The waiter was not necessarily rude, but was definitely not friendly either.

I would come back, maybe in a later evening slot to enjoy drinks and music.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I have been to Buddha bar in Dubai several times but not the London branch. I was therefore looking forward to dinner at the Knightsbridge branch. Amazing place. Food was great. We had such a great time.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I had forgotten what a nice restaurant Buddha bar is for a night out.

We were a group of five women and quite enjoyed dinner and drinks at the bar which is upstairs. They even do the full food menu at the tables around the bar which was perfect for us. The lamb teriyaki is one of the best dishes I have eaten and the California roll (sushi) was amazing too. The Thai curry and pad Thai was nice as well.

If you want a quieter dinner then book a table downstairs at the restaurant.

I was told the electric sheesha was rubbish so we didn’t try.

Service is good, a little weird depending on the server but still overall good, and the manager was hands on checking on us couple of times.

Dessert was good too. Only suggestion stick to the traditional Creme brulee, that was the best in the trio of creme brules we ordered and not a fan of the orange and green ones. The chocolate fondue was also nice.

We paid £65 a head for food and drinks.