All reviews east ham station tube station secure parking pub downstairs high street district line beans olympic stadium rooms are clean minute walk air con booked this hotel yogurt recommend this hotel to anyone nice breakfast budget hotel visit london
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this place due to a work schedule at excel
The rooms are clean and spacious enough
The breakfast is very basic
The surrounding area is not the best
But thankfully this hotel is connected to a pub which is ok there are various kebab and curry houses nearby
Would i stop here again ......only if i had no other options

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2018

I have read reviews on here which give this hotel an apalling rating, however, some of the reasons are laughable. My suggestion is, if you are xenophobic in any way, maybe don't bother visiting out lovely city. Rant over.

For the price, this hotel is excellent. Quite honestly, even if it was more expensive, I would still choose this establishment. It is a ten minute walk to East Ham station, or there is a bus stop directly outside the hotel.

The room, while not pulling up any branches, was clean, functional and the bathroom did what it said on the tin.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Graham B
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Used this hotel for an overnight stay when coming to meet up with old friends for a drink and a meal.
I wasn't expecting the Ritz.
Place was clean and served it's purpose well. Bathroom was small but clean. The room was a decent size. To be honest I would use the hotel again if I'm visiting the locality. Has its own car park which is gated for added peace of mind.
Good overall

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2017

This is an appalling place, despite the location and wonderful Georgian building. Women are not safe staying alone here, there are no internal locks inside the roomsand strange fumes seemed to be about the place. It was freezing I had to ask for a heater which would not work after I went out for a walk, just like the one on the wall! There was no WiFi in the room but instead of telling me that he kept stringing me along. WiFi was essential to me so after two nights I had to leave and asked for a refund as hotel was not full so he had turned down any booking on my account, they then produced the small print of the sign in receipt which said WiFi in public areas and refused me even one night's refund.

Room tip: Stay away and book a room elsewhere
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
James P, Manager at Ruskin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Good Afternoon,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

I am totally baffled about the comment about our wifi. This point is the last thing I expected as we have only just improved our wifi to dedicated fiber. This transition took place in November. We do appreciate how important wifi is to our guests this is why we decided to keep up to date with technology and improve our wifi speed.

We have had in the past that work laptops have been unable to connect. This is down to your firewall blocking the connectivity. Once this issue was addressed then all guests were able to connect successfully.

I am disappointed that i was not around to assist you. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

James

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Firstly, lots of reviews here are negative about the area - ok, it’s not the poshest, but it’s far from bad! No louder or more lively than most of London.
I wasn’t expecting luxury for the price, but I’m glad I was only staying one night as the shower cubicle was falling to pieces and there was black mould all over the place.
The room description never mentioned a single bed and whilst this was ok for me, it would be a problem with two people! Bed was comfy, but the the undersheet was not big enough to be tucked in so the minute I moved it did and I slept with no protection between me and the mattress. The duvet was no alternative as it was also tiny.

The biggest problem was that in a hotel that fiercely reminds you that it is non-smoking, the vent in the bathroom STUNK of stale cigarette smoke to the point of making me feel ill.

I’ll pay the extra £10 for a Travelodge next time.

Date of stay: November 2017