“My absolute favourite Italian in London”
Review of Mimmo La Bufala

Mimmo La Bufala
Reserve with OpenTable
Mimmo La Bufala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,202 of 25,561 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 19 - USD 51
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The last indipendent family Italian restaurant left over in London . Mimmo his daughter Paula and all the staff will welcome all of you and your dog . Ciaooo
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Always a wonderful experience at this place.
My partner and I popped in for dinner on Saturday evening, we hadn’t booked but this was not a problem, on entering the restaurant we were promptly greeted by Mimmo himself, the owner or this fabulous little gem.
We were then taken strait to a lovely table at the back of the restaurant by Susy.
The food and service here is second to none and my partner was also very impressed with it being his fist experience here.
The mixed seafood soup is a must and the spaghetti vongole is to die for.

A wonderful evening all round and can’t wait for my next visit in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We've just visited the place and found the food to be authentic, tasty and at a good price. The service was fanatic and even had the opportunity to meet the owner who showed us how passionate he was about his menu. We would highly recommend this place and will visit again with our families!

Reviewed 13 October 2018

After a long day at work I really wanted a nice dinner. The restaurant looked nice so I decided to give it a try. I ordered a carpaccio of bresaola and for main course, osso buco. served with a pumpkin risotto. The carpaccio arrived and was nothing more than a pile of rocket on top of the bresaola with thin slices of parmesan and all drizzled with olive oil. The dish lacked any balance of flavour and was pretty bland. Disappointed I waited for the main course. I certainly couldn't complain at the portion size and it did look appetising. Unfortunately, initial looks are often deceiving. The vegetables in the sauce had been cut at varying sizes so there were pieces of celery from thin slices to big chunks that when I tasted the sauce some still had a crunch to them. The risotto was extremely bland and the chunks of pumpkin undercooked. the veal lacked flavour. It was so disappointing I didn't eat even half. When the waiter came to take the plate he didn't even ask if I had enjoyed the meal and when I said the food was extremely poor he just walked away. I had to ask the same waiter twice for my bill and when he did return I again told him the food had been very poor. I was offered a limoncello to compensate for the 50 pounds the food had cost. My entire evening had been a disappointment and it's not a place I shall visit a second time.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Delicious as always we practically licked our plates clean , the seafood pasta was particularly good and the specials are always worth trying.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Hidden behind a modest exterior, this restaurant is phenomenal. Comfortable ambiance with excellent food and wine, the staff are great and Mimmo is always a pleasure. By far the best Italian joint in town!

Mimmo R, Manager at Mimmo La Bufala, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Thank you verymuch , grazie .