“What’s all rhe fuss about?”

Caravan King's Cross
Reserve with OpenTable
Caravan King's Cross is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,055 of 24,651 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Housed within a grade ii listed victorian grain store, caravan king's cross was the first restaurant to open within the king's cross partnership development behind st pancras / king's cross stations. Designed with the building's history in mind we have created a soft industrial dining room, combined with an open kitchen, coffee take out bar and on site coffee roastery. Our outdoor terrace sits directly on granary square and is enhanced by a beautiful fountain installation. Serving our signature well travelled breakfast, brunch and all day food and drink menus and freshly roasted coffee, you are welcome to dine or drink with us anytime!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

On a weekday evening you’re expected to wait about 50 mins to get a table. There is a bar to wait, but unfortunately it is so full you risk just standing in the middle of other tables waiting.
The food itself is really average. We were a group and shared many platters and there is not one thing that I really liked. The bursts for example, has so much garlic sauce that you can’t even taste the cheese. Everything is OK to eat, but not even one plate that would make me want to come back to the restaurant.
But it is fairly affordable, about £40 pp including abundance of wine.
Would I go there again? No.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

As a business owner myself it’s quiet unpleasant leave a low rating to a business especially with one of the best coffee in london that’s why I come to this place to get my take away coffee at least 3 times a week .Once I have being told I haven’t paid for the coffee (of course I did )after waiting 15 minutes by third part weird guy from 2 tables away :) last visit I made was with my 7 years old daughter I have waited at least 20 minutes for my coffee the customers came after me come and gone at least 10 of them ,! When I asked for my coffee I had shock of my life “I have being told not to shout and they are busy on the coffee “ when I outlined them it’s not being busy it’s about being first come and first serve policy in the food industry!forget about it all a politeness towards customer at least a smile may be a sorry ...nothing at all I really thing this brilliant Coffe deserves better customer service ...

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This was a great place for brunch with friends. It can get quite crowded but the food is certainly worth the wait!!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My wife and I thought the food was amazing, so I am surprised by some of the comments below. I had the jalapeno cornbread which was fantastic and filling.

For some reason, I had trouble finding brewed coffee in London so it was nice to have a cup here (very overpriced at 3 pounds per cup).

At 10:30 am on a weekday, the place was packed but great, lively atmosphere. Food came fast but waitress could have checked on us a bit more.

It's about a five minute walk from King's Cross station. You will also walk past some shopping (i.e Nike Town, Sweaty Betty and few more).

I'll be back.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Easy location to get to from kings cross / st Pancras station. Funky decor. Some people would have to share tables with strangers if it was busy but we had our own table.
Menu quite unique. We enjoyed the chilli cornbread starter.
My son liked his pizza and fries. The other food our group had was tasty.
Our starter arrived only after we asked and with one of the mains. Then 2 more mains ... then the final one / a good few minutes later- not good and no apology or explanation .