“Duck ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited last night. Lovely views from the bar and restaurant. Service good, food ok but not up to the standard of the setting. A good experience with amazing views but not somewhere I’d rush back for the food

Write a ReviewReviews (5,067)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I suppose it had to happen eventually. The realisation that the place you have visited a couple of times can't live up to what you expect. Our first visit was for a family celebration and the staff really helped us to enjoy the occasion. The second trip was also a celebration of sorts so no surprises for guessing where we chose to go when our son was able to join us on town.

Unfortunately, it all seemed to disappoint this time. Food was average and less than exciting. Only the roast chicken really lived up to what we expected. Service was friendly but way too relaxed for the price with wait staff serving across the table; spilling water and so on. On our first trip the service was quite slick and polished with a sense of being attended to. This time it was Wagamama on a Saturday afternoon!

Are we likely to return? Hmm, not really likely. We have also tried Samba Sushi downstairs but that is a fusion too far for me. Neither Brazilian nor Japanese in any real sense. I think we'll be giving Bishopsgate a miss on the next trip.

2  Thank Rupert1200
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Absolutely Gorgeous Breakfast - I had the Full Breakfast and it was stunning. Plenty to keep you going until Dinner! Between the 3 of us we couldn't fault the food, service was spot on - and they were very attentive.

I particularly didn't expect the Express Elevator on arrival up to the 40th Floor!! It was a really cloudy day - as we had snow, so when we went up it really did feel like you were flying up to the clouds at lightening speed.
I would imagine the views are spectacular from here.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing restaurant with a perfect view!
Ordered duck and waffle and cod fish
The duck waffle was amazing!!
However, the fish had no taste
I suggest go just for the duck n waffle dish, the drinks and the view!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband visited the duck & waffle for breakfast last October, we were running late (nightmare tubes!!) and I rang them to say we would be 5-10 minutes. If we hadn’t have been there in time they would have let our table go, which I completely understand but it then cut our time back in the restaurant to only 40 minutes, I did feel rushed and didn’t feel I took in the wonderful views, I couldn’t relax properly! I know this isn’t their fault as they are so busy and need to keep fine checks on tables but it made the atmosphere a little strained for us. The food was great, elvis waffles were to die for and my hubs had the fried duck, duck egg and waffle which he loved! Would recommend if you’re down in London