“Birthday dinner ”

Price range: USD 26 - USD 53
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Modern Style Peruvian Dining. A journey to Peru, from the Coast via the Amazon and to the Andes, our menu offers a variety of flavoursome dishes using Peruvian spices all served by knowledgeable staff in a relax atmosphere. and don't forget to try one of our Pisco Sour before your meal in the bar.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A huge thank you to Shadie for his recommendations and service - the food we had was incredible and we had a lovely night. Service was impeccable. We will be back for sure.

1  Thank Jayden W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I have been there for the Valentine's dinner and the atmosphere was just perfect! The staff very Nice, polite and willing to help you to decide what to order.
The food is amazing! The best Peruvian food so far, it's so tasty and elaborated. I'm looking forward to going back and I strongly recommend to anyone to go. I loved it.

1  Thank moi669
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Lima's food will leave you satisfied. The bursts of flavours, textures and colours come together wonderfully.

The service at lunch time was neglectful - there was just one waiter taking orders, serving diners, handling coats and welcoming people.

The tables are crammed close together and the decor feels like a 3* hotel breakfast area.

Go for the food - but do not expect wonderful service or ambience.

PS I would avoid the sweet potato fries - they will unfortunately disappoint.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I'm actually wary of Michelin starred restaurants since my very limited experience of them has not been great. I was pleasantly surprised by Lima. It's a smallish restaurant but bright and modern with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The staff were lovely and really helpful and we were treated like any other guest despite being on a Travel Zoo offer.

Our free Prosecco was quickly followed by an amuse bouche of soup and a roll. It was really good. We then had Cobia Fish Tradito and Lomo Steak Huancaina to start. Both were a little disappointing. The tradito was quite acidic and the steak just a little dull but I'm not a massive fan of raw meat and fish dishes (we had to try on our first Peruvian experience!).

For main we had the Lamb Rump and the Suckling Pig. Both were exquisite. The lamb was perfectly cooked with a lovely delicate sauce and potatoes while the pork was perfectly cooked and accompanied by a celeriac puree.

Being greedy, we ordered a dessert of Alfajores which are basically light biscuits with dolce leche cream in the middle and accompanied by ice cream.

The whole meal was a novel and delightful experience and we shall certainly return budget allowing. The restaurant is very relaxed and the food definitely worthy of its award. In total we paid £99 for two with a bottle of wine. If we had not gone on a special offer, it would have been more like £140+ for the same experience so it's not a cheap place to eat but its definitely worth it.

1  Thank Dyspeptic_Spirit
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Like many others jumping on here at the moment we were on a Travelzoo voucher, I guess that's the nature of people who use trip advisor and Travelzoo, we love a bargain and are happy to hunt one out.There was resentment from the staff because of this though, so gold stars to them for not looking down on us poor plebs. Like others on here I can't fault the food at all, and the (Argentinian) waitress who served us was very pleasant, happily making suggestions from the relatively brief menu. My wife had the lamb which attracted a surcharge, whilst I had the pork which didn't. The lamb was very good, but could have been more tender. The pork was perfect, a good sized portion that was very moist and tender with a soft crackling skin which just worked. There was a bowl of vegetables with one of the dishes which was shared by both of us, and again that was delicious. The starters were very good and the praise that the Cerviche gets on here is well deserved. The variety of flavours made a welcome change from the usual fare in most places. Like others we found the reception, whilst not poor, just below what you would expect from somehwere that Bibendum recommends. I was missing a fork, no problem, I nicked it from the adjacent table, but again, you kind of expect perfection don't you? It was relatively quiet when we arrived, but I can see how the remarks about being a little cramped are justified. It's London, space is expensive, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to my friends though. Which is what I'm doing here I guess.

1  Thank Rangi27