“Great Steak”

Price range: USD 14 - USD 35
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East End / East London
Description: Shane's offers a dining experience with a conscience. With a menu focused towards quality British game and meats, our food is seasonal and sourced from Britain with a mission to retain quality and freshness. Dine in a smart casual environment where you will never be rushed. We offer a quality range of wines and seasonal cocktails at a reasonable price. The menu is constantly changing as supply and quality produce becomes available. We are foraging seasonally from the local area, being always surprised by the abundance urban foraging can provide.
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Only been the once, & made the most of the steak offer they had on whilst my partner has the mussels. Food took quite a while, maybe half an hour which is odd as there was only 1 other table in who hadn't placed an order yet.
Anyway, this was all quickly forgotten when the food arrived because it was absolutely amazing.
Service was very good too but again that is to be expected with only 2 tables in.
Only thing I would say is I often walk past of an evening hoping to see the restaurant open & an offer on, but the opening hours do not seem to be regular.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Really delicious steak and they regularly have a steak night that is steak frites for only £10! However the opening times seem to be very sporadic and when I tried to make a reservation recently it rejected my reservation with no explanation, and when I tried to go last week it was closed. However the food is so good that I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

4 of us had brunch, it was delightful and the staff were lovely.
It's a shame we were in a rush as I had spotted a lovely selection of gin at the bar.
Will call again next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Went here for steak night - bavette steak, fries and salad for £10! It was an amazing steak, really great fries (I don't like a garnish so I didn't try the salad but my boyfriend assured me it was nice). We had a lovely carafe of wine that was a reasonable price. It's a very small restaurant (we went v early so were the only people there but when there are more people it seems like a lovely atmosphere) and has really cute decor. Can't recommend enough. Will definitely be trying to mussels night too!

Reviewed 24 June 2017

If you're going to accept bookings - you should at least try to be open. Walked a long distance to find it closed.
I guess they aren't too worried about their reputation/income.