“Another good meal”

Price range: USD 15 - USD 61
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: A large, bustling Parisian brasserie transported to the heart of London. Open throughout the day, offering great value with remarkably low prices, its glorious, historic Art Deco interiors also play host to a 'Bar Americain', 'The Crazy Coqs', a live music and cabaret venue and ZL Cafe.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I haven't been to Brasserie Zedel for a couple of years but I was invited along with some friends to celebrate a friend's birthday. You forget what a beautiful dining room the restaurant is, surrounded by Art Deco posters & murals. Although the restaurant is located in a basement the way "the windows" had been lit and the main lighting gives the impression you are in daylight - very clever. The restaurant is open all day serving breakfast, lunch & dinner. The service is quick and efficient though this time was more perfunctory than friendly. There were 4 of us. I chose the smoked salmon to start with which was nothing special, a smallish portion without too much flavour. However both the other guests who ordered appetizers (the onion soup & the pate) thought theirs were excellent. For our main courses 2 of us chose the spachcock chicken, one person the lemon sole which came as a rolled fillet and the last guest the special of the day - the chicken curry. The spachcock chicken was served only with French fries in a separate cup so I was glad we ordered some petit pois a la francaise as a side dish. The chicken was excellent. All of us enjoyed our main courses thoroughly. A couple of us had desserts which were good - again nothing special. There is an extensive wine list which is reasonably priced. The restaurant is in a lovely setting, the food is good and the service is quick - there is no leisurely 3 hour lunch here !!!! However we all had a very enjoyable lunch which was very good value for money. It's great for visiting now and again but it is not the sort of restaurant I would want to eat there regularly

1  Thank stonellas
Write a ReviewReviews (4,730)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Definitely lives up to hype, as authentic a French experience as I’ve found in the UK. Took me instantly back to Le Bouillon Chartier in Paris. Don’t be put off by the modest exterior as it underplays the fabulous underground sprawl. Efficient staff, great food, wine and all reasonably priced for central London. The roast Duck was a highlight.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Table of six for dinner, we had a great time at this Restaurant. Grand room, very busy and buzzing with lots of good atmosphere around. Food of very good quality, served super efficiently by very friendly personnel who was always there to help. As the evening was a great pleasure for all of us I have rated this Restaurant 5 star. However, I have to mention about one intolerable factor; we have been served a warm bottle of red wine! Venue of this calibre cannot allow things like that to happen. Room temperature for red doesn't mean it has to be served at 23°C, instead must be served at maximum 18°C. Nevertheless, overall experience was great so I trust the 'red' issue will be rectified for all other guests. Undoubtedly, I can recommend this Restaurant.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

A journey back in time without pretence and at the right price point too Brasserie Zedel is a safe bet when you want properly dished out French cuisine and friendly service.

Thank you for making my latest visit with my family another memory to hold dear!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We returned to Zedel's to celebrate our engagement there a year ago, and our marriage earlier this year. We booked and were wowed by the caberet in Le Crazy Coq's before our meal. Zedel's is simply like stepping through a time-travel portal to the roaring 20's! Caberet was first rate, entertaining with great singer/performer and superb pianist. The food as ever was excellent! Tasty, good choices, served really well - we run out of superlatives for Zedel's. This is simply THE place to experience in London and all at a very reasonable price! Thank you and "til the next time'!