“We had a relaxing break”

Hampstead Tea Rooms
Ranked #707 of 1,318 Coffee & Tea in London
Reviewed 22 August 2018

The Tea Rooms are more spacious than they appear. In good weather you can also sit outside and watch the world pass by.

The daily menu provided us all we wanted at a reasonable price. The quality of the food was good and the portions generous. The service was quick and friendly – the waitress was a delightful girl from Greece.

We had had a tiring journey to Hampstead but were fully refreshed when we left.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Pot of Earl Grey tea and a soccer of walnut cage each. Both really nice and at a good price. Would recommend

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Not bad, not bad at all. " golden oldies pitch up, one pushing the other in a wheelchair - access is very difficult btw - not to hard to proved a ramp. Very excellent salt beef sandwich; my mother reckoned among the best she has had and at 95 that is a lot of salt beef sandwiches. Excellent value and good service. Would go again if in the area.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Asked for full english breakfast with gluten free bread. Told it would be extra 80p for bread. I asked why I would have to pay more for bread as I'm gluten intolerant. The waitress then agreed not to charge extra so we ordered. Tea was served and then was told they had no gluten free bread so offered me rye & wheat bread which I obviously refused as full of gluten. They then charged full price for breakfast without beead/jam which is included in price. Considering they have several bakeries around them and M&S, they could have easily got gluten free bread. Will not be eating there again until they can cater for coeliac disease and understand about gluten intolerance.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I visited earlier in the year and found the afternoon tea very nice and fresh. I booked again and this time was disappointed. The sandwiches were fresh but the scone tasted bland. The manager said we could have "as much tea" as we wanted which meant an extra metal jug of water to put in the tea pot (no extra tea leaves) The afternoon tea was meant to feature a free glass of prosecco and when reminded staff asked if we wanted red or white wine. After having to speak to manager he said they had ran out of prosecco.

To summarise it is a fine place to attend first time but for repeat visits the service seems to slip.

Date of visit: September 2017