“True home away home!”
Review of Old Church Street

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Old Church Street
Ranked #149 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I stayed in this B&B for 4 nights in July for my holiday. And it was absolutely fantastic and will stay only this place whenever I come to London. Cannot think about other place ever!
Nina, the hostess of this B&B is incredabily amazing and always treats guest in a nice and friendly manner. I felt more like I was visiting my relatives for example auntie's house rather than staying in normal B&B. Nina made myself at ease and checked if I need something.
This place doesn't have any signboard outside as B&B. So it might not be easy to find this place like hotel. But I liked it. Because it made me feel that I was staying at real home not in cookie cutter type hotel.
The house is elegant yet modern inside. Very neat and clean. I had a room at the coner in 1st floor and I could see the view of the backyard garden outside the window. Bed was very comfy and wide enough. Room was decorated with nice picture and some antique furniture which I liked very much. Bathroom was also clean and shower was strong. I had enough thick fluffy towels and the amendity was Brown molten.
There was tea making facility in the room with 1.5 litre bottle of water, coffee and various teabags. There was LCD TV also. So I wasn't bored at night time.
Breafast was not typical English breafast but continental. But for me it's so big enough.
Nina bakes croissant every morning. It tasted so good!! And yogurt, fresh berries, cheese, muesli, jam, orange juice and coffee(or tea) was served. I could see that she is not doing this only for money because the food was very fresh and bought from some good stores like waitrose or sainsbury mostly.
And she was willing to borrow London map books (So you don't have to buy London A to Z), Time out and other magazines.
This place is only 5~7 minuts away from South kensington station on foot. And nearest bus stop on Fullham road is only 1 min away. And Chelsea is very safe district at night even.
I miss Nina and her two lovely poodles. I will definately recommand this place specially for the ones who want home away home.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank JuYeonKim
There are newer reviews for Old Church Street

Reviewed 18 June 2010

My hubby and I spent a total of 8 nights here while in London. And we are both very happy with everything during our stay there. Nina is a very good and friendly host with her 2 lovely poodles. And the location is within 10-15 minutes walk from South Kensington tube station which makes it very convenient for us to travel out. There are also several eateries around the tube station.

Nina even help us with our luggages and orientate us to the whole house.

The deco of the whole house is very stylish, modern and with a touch of art in it.

Our room was being cleaned and tidied daily. Also Molten Brown hand washing foam, hand lotion and body cleansing gel were being refilled daily too. We will have fresh clean towels every 2 days. I love the bathroom because it is always very clean and I can soak in the bathtub at ease. Usually I am a clean freak when it comes to cleaniless of bathrooms. There are also lots of storage space in the cabinets of the bathroom. Inside Nina has stored all the necessities like facial wash, moisturiser, cleansing detergent for clothes and many more.

The continental breakfast is at 15 GBP for 2 people and I simply love the croissants. A good variety of fruits with muesli and yogurt were available. The tea and coffee comes in a very big pot. Very healthy and filling breakfast.

There is also wi fi provided for internet usage with a good speed, its even faster than what we are having back in Singapore

Will certainly go back there to stay again if we happen to visit London in future. Feels like home to us. Missing the poodles who will always come out to greet us when we return.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kenji_suppitsu
Reviewed 5 March 2010

On a recent business trip to London, I chose the Old Church Street B&B and in a word it was exceptional! Nina is an amazing host and goes out of her way to be sure you are comfortable. The rooms are amazing - exceeding most of the London business hotels, and the bathrooms far exceed any London hotel I've stayed at. The breakfast was not to be missed - gorgeous display of fruit and yogurts and the best warm croissants I've had in London. The location is ideal to all the restaurants in Chelsea, morning runs in Battersea Park, and South Kensington tube station to get you to and from Heathrow. I have found my place to stay for all future London visits!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank TravelingDadChicago
Reviewed 29 November 2009

Nina is a fantastic hostess. Rooms are completely modern and in beautiful taste. cleaned daily. Excellent breakfast for the health conscious traveller, fruit, cereal toast (and the world's largest and tastiest croissants)! Nina will let you do a laundry if you need to. As I stayed seven days this was just great. For walking fanatics like me it is perfectly situated near the embankment and sites like the Victoria and Albert. S. Kensington tube is just a few minutes walk for longer forays. There are two pubs on Old Church Street that I can recommend as serving excellent food: the Pig's Ear and the Anglesey Arms. Both very friendly but very lively. Go early for a table.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank Milnob
Reviewed 11 September 2007

We stayed at Old Church Street last weekend. It was one of the best Inns that we have ever stayed. Nina, the innkeeper is amazing. She was very welcoming and made us feel at home. The rooms are absolutely beautiful and the location is perfect. Breakfast was very nice and included croissants and fresh fruit and yogurt. I will only stay at Old Church Street when in London. This place is perfect!

Stayed: September 2007