2,719 results
All reviewsblackfriars stationthe club loungeblack friarsblackfriars pubpaul's cathedralchicken clubfleet streetihg membertwo double bedstesco expresssouth bankgood sizemini barlondon eyean upgradecovent gardenstandard room
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I spent one night at this hotel which is in a very good location just in front of the metro and in a very barycentric position.
Nice and spacious room which is not a standard in London with a modern and fresh style. English breakfast is of high standard and at good price. Hotel personnel is very friendly and give good help for arranging by your needs. Definitively to recommend!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
FrewerD, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - The City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hi,

Thanks for a great 5 star review.

I am really pleased you enjoyed the rooms and breakfast.

See you again next time!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

10/10 location, 2 minutes across the Street from Blackfriars Station, right on the Circle Line which is absolutely perfect. Hotel is large and perfect cleaning modern, all staff were superb, we never had breakfast i the hotel but did eat i the Chinese Restaurant on the Sunday night before we left for hoe and the staff and food were excellent.

This is now 100% our new 'home base' when visiting London as a family.

Superb value for money, and as above, perfect location.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi

Thanks for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and our Chinese restaurant. It's great to read that we are a home away form home.

I look forward to seeing you agian soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The whole family absolutely loved the room and the hotel with easy access to the underground and other London attractions. The in-house far eastern restaurant was truly amazing. The staff were very helpful and so was the housekeeping.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the great review.

I hope we get to see you agian soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

This was a return visit to the Crowne Plaza Blackfriars. Its our first choice when staying in London for reasons I will come on to but its very difficult to get either on IHG points or free nights. I paid cash for the stay this time as we wanted this night due to my sons 18th birthday weekend trip.

Ok, let me get the niggles and negatives out of the way. First, I'm not sure we were given the correct room? When checking in the reception paperwork and the receptionist welcomed me as a Platinum member. I corrected her that I'm a Spire Elite which she went on to correct/change stickers, what ever it is they do. Obviously it didnt matter at all whether it was recognised or not but it was strange. Then, having spoken to them in advance about my sons 18th I was promised something would be done to make his stay special. But nothing happened. Then on check out the room had a different name on it! The receptionist even suggested I might have given the wrong name :D :D. So whoever Mr G was probably had our room. I hope he didnt empty the mini bar :D

The "wrong room" issue aside the only other gripe was the room quality. Its REALLY showing its age. We completed the maintenance form in the room but didnt have time for everything. The shower took 10 minutes to warm up, the sink took another 10 minutes to drain and even the outside of the main door looked like someone had tried to kick it down. For such a quality hotel in all its public areas the room really let it down. Oh and its needs more power sockets or USB ports.

All the above aside, its a great hotel. The club lounge has had a make over and although the seating now faces away from the views rather than embracing them, its a nice oasis to sit and relax after a busy day in London. The breakfast was definitely a step up from some other Crowne Plaza club lounges I've been in recently and while they call it continental, it goes further than that with small amounts of bacon, egg, sausages and mushrooms.

The location is the main reason the hotel is our choice in London. We can park at Richmond and get a tube direct to Blackfriars. Its so convenient for the tube, the Thames boat taxis, buses and even just a 15 min walk to the theatre district.

For added convenience, especially if you do not stay club level, right outside you have all 4 main coffee chains within a minutes walk, along with both Tesco and Sainsbury local stores.

Its all just so convenient.

Looking forward to returning, but hopefully once the rooms have been refurbished.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel have a lot less road noise. The higher the better.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
FrewerD, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - The City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear guest,

Thanks for the review. I am glad you like the hotel and that you enjoyed the new club lounge.

I am very sorry that we didnt recognise the special occassion, if you would be as kind to get in contact directly - damian.frewer@ihg.com I would like the chance to put that right!

With regard to refurbishments we are always engaged into a programme of upgrade work to make enhancements, and I am sure by the end of the year there will be many noticable differences in the hotel.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I have used this hotel a couple of times as it is in a great location for meting up with ex work colleagues. Rooms well appointed . Breakfast choice extensive, great coffee. I had minor quibble with room which they responded to very well. Recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms at front on higher floors have a view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thanks for the great 5 star review. I hope we get a chance to see you again soon.

Regards,