Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews oxford street youth hostel self catering kitchen great location bunk beds common areas lounge area luggage storage central location great facilities rooms are clean nice stay hostels soho wifi reception basin
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2012

-Great hostel
-Nice Staff, very friendly
-people are very professional
-Fantastic location
-24 hour reception and bar
-great breakfast (but it´s not include)
-Very quiet
-vey clean
-great shower
-there is lift

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank raphazem
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I stayed at the YHA for 6 nights and had no issues, the room was small but there is so much to do in London it did not matter. The hostel was very clean and the service was fantastic, they were very helpful. The location was perfect for me, close to shops, pubs and the tube.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank NickB829
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is a fantastic hostel to stay in. I am a young, independent traveller and I felt really safe and welcome here. The rooms and communal facilities were clean, there was plenty of space to keep my luggage ( a gigantic suitcase and backpack), hot water in showers and I met some really lovely people from across the globe. It was a bit noisy at night where my room was situated but I always managed to get a good nights sleep in the comfy bunk beds. I will be coming back here when I return to London :)

The only real downside was the WIFI. It was not free and quite expensive ( I paid ten pounds for one week). i could not access it from my room and could only access it in the lounge area. It was therefore difficult to have a private conversation. There was no free breakfast but Tescos is just minutes away, offering yummy pastries at reasonable prices ( for London anyway)

Room tip: Rooms away from the pub across the street ( great pub by the way, their cider is superb) seem a bit quieter than everywhere else.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Phoebe F
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This is the best location to stay in London. I would stay there again anytime. The hostel is so central. Near to shopping, eatery, pubs and tube. And it's quiet at the same time.

We stayed at private room for 2 on 5th floor. Room size is moderate and clean. There's a basin in your room so you can wash your face/hands and brush your teeth in the room. The toilet and shower just by the corridor is clean.

I love the self-catering kitchen. You can keep your food in the fridge and prepare your own meal.

If you're bringing heavy luggage or you're traveling with senior member, make sure you ask for a room in the 3rd floor (same floor as the reception) because there is only stairs to reach 4th and 5th floor.

Room can be really warm in the summer. I'm only giving overall 4 stars instead of 5 because our room's air-cond didn't work.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank chociq
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I booked this hostel after reading great reviews, and for its central location & I was not disappointed.

I stayed in a 4 share room on the first floor (which is not ground level, but up quite a few flights of stairs...), just down the hall from reception. The room was a reasonable size with nice bunks which each had two sets of ladders. Each bed had its own little shelf with a light and power plug where you could sit your electronics to charge, & read without disturbing your roomates. Beds were not allocated but when you check in you are given a slip which you attach to a clip on whatever bed you choose, it has your check in/check out dates written on it so others know that a bed is/isn't taken. There are large lockers for you to use, just bring your own padlocks. The window was also massive with a wide windowsill - also an added bit of extra room.

The room doesn't have an ensuite & I was a bit dubious about this when I booked but there were two toilets and two showers right across the hall. They were both very clean, I actually saw them clean the toilets/empty the bins several times a day which I thought was really good. The showers were nice & powerful, the only thing I could recommend would be a shower curtain. The shower room is quite long with plenty of space to get changed, also 2 large hooks to hang your clothes/towel, and the shower cubicle is at the end of the room, however the dividing wall just isnt quite long enough to keep the shower overspray contained & I don't recommend keeping your clothes on the floor otherwise they will probably get wet!

There is also a hand basin & mirror in the room which I think is a great idea because it means people aren't tying up the bathroom to do their hair/makeup etc.

The staff were very friendly too & they all appear to take turns in maintaining the hostel, from cleaning, cooking & reception.

The hostel does offer breakfast although it is not free. You pay at reception then hand your ticket to the chef of the day & they will make it for you.

In terms of location, you couldnt really get much better than this. Just a street back from the famous Oxford Street, it is super close to the underground and heaps of great shopping. Yet its not noisy at all!

If you are after a party atmosphere then this is probably not the hostel for you as it is quite relaxed. My only disappointment was that you do have to pay for internet access (however I managed to get a free wifi connection from my room).

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel & I would definitely recommend to others!

Date of stay: May 2012