1 Lexham Gardens
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsearl's court stationsmall bathroomkensington high streetflat screen tvhotel roomfew minutes walkcerealtoiletries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I booked a single room, and for a hotel in a peak area of London for a one night stop over in London, it was good value for money.

The hotel was easy to find; clearly signposted, and the map was very detailed in how to get there.

Upon arrival, I was suddenly surprised that he asked for ID, not something I have ever had in my 7 years of Business travel in the UK, but since I had no passport with me, he accepted a card with my name on it. I was then surprised to be told I had to pay £5 cash deposit for the room key. Again, no prior warning of this. Forewarning would have been better.

Following checkin, I noticed I had been upgraded to a Twin room for 1, and the extra space was nice. Despite being simply decorated: no headboards on the bed, no desk (take note if your not comfortable to work from a bed top), the room was very clean and well presented (Though a bit tight space between bed end and wardrobe). Despite being street side, the noise was very low, and the bathroom, though small and simple was clean with no major defects

I tell a lie; one small 'defect' of the bathroom. It was probably designed by a female. The toilet seat wouldn't stay up on its own. Bit of a nuisance for a male.

Breakfast on the other hand was a bit meager and struggling for choice. A few suggestions would be to consider Yogurts, better selection of fruit, and a wider choice of cereals (not all of us like cornflakes or branflakes). I only settled for a glass of Orange, and they spared me the charge for that.

One minor issue was when I asked to leave my bag was to discover that it was stored right next to the front door, in the foyer. No locks, not even a closed door. I was willing to pay the £1 for the day, but not if its just left randomly out in the Foyer where anyone can just lift it and be gone.

Cameras are all well and good, but Cameras do not guarantee I'll get it back if it was stolen.

All in all, a suitable stay for a 1-nighter, though maybe room for improvement on the Breakfast front and better storage option for bags.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are fairly quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel and we have got a good impression.
Not to big but friendly and near Earls Court metro station (about 3 mins on foot).
The room was very small, i think not bigger than 10 square meters but it was clear and the wc was too small but with every confort you need to stay for few nights.
I can recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to stay few days in London and doesn't want to spend too much.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I was a slightly worried about staying at 1 Lexham Gardens. However, my stay here was better than expected.

I stayed just one night with a friend during a 'fly in'' trip to London, so all we needed was a good value, basic hotel to rest our heads for a few hours.

We booked just a twin room, but were instead given what could be classed as a family room with a double bed and two singles pushed together. There was also a sofa in the room, a spacious wardrobe, coffee making facilities and LCD TV. The bathroom was fairly modern and big and consisted of a shower, wash basin and toilet.

Okay, the rooms could do with a bit of TLC and cosmetic touch-ups, but we found it to be comfortable, clean, and practical.

If you're looking for somewhere fairly cheap to stay for a no-thrills quick stop off in London, then I would recommend staying at 1 Lexham Gardens.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and had no problems, so maybe ask for a room here?
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We've just returned from a night at this hotel, and was pleasantly surprised after reading some of the comments on here. Our room on the second floor facing the back, and the bathroom were very large and modern, ok the walls were a little shabby, but it was clean and quiet and we had a good nights sleep in a very comfy bed. The breakfast was just cereals, toast, beans and eggs but was perfectly adequate. The location of the hotel is fantastic, between Earls Court and Gloucester Road tubes, just a few
stops from the West End. For a cheap and cheerful hotel in the heart of London, you really cant go wrong here.

Room Tip: Advise a high room facing the back for quietness.
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed in double bed basement room 001. The room was very small and shabby. The bathroom was very small and freezing cold. The window in the bathroom looked onto a dark utility room. The room itself looked onto a dirty courtyard which was frequented by the hotel staff. The hotel is located in a good location and was easy to find, however this doesn't make up for the poor state of the room and getting no sleep due to the CONSTANT banging from the room upstairs. To give a fair review another room not on basement floor may be better but I wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't have a room on the basement floor