“Location Location Location”

Ranked #462 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Zielona Gora, Poland
“Location Location Location”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed here four nights. Very helpful staff. I got tiny room and felt bit claustrophobic. Nest day manager had offered us family room. This hotel is about Location Location Location! 5 min walk from Victoria Station and 10 from Buckingham Palace. Don’t overpay just stay in Victoria Palace.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This hotel is in the heart of Pimlico,great community area of london,hotel staff very helpful,nice breakfast buffet style,good buisness & communting Hotel,Ideal tourist stop over.

Clean,fresh & quiet seeing its on the main rd, pubs, restaurants nearby....

Couldnt really fault it, will use again without fail...

Room Tip: all the same
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed one night at the BEST WESTERN VICTORIA PLACE on September 7, 2012. I did not have a reservation. When I entered the very small front office three gentleman of were pouring over adding machines and papers and ignored me. One indicated he had a room for me when interrupted by another saying but only ONE room. I indicated I obtained the hotel from Rick Steves' recommended hotels showing a room rate of "$$" ranging 70 to 115 Pound Sterling(pounds) during HIGH season. The three guys bundled together and said they only have one room available and it is a LARGE family room and rents for 190 pounds per night BUT I would be required to stay three nights to get that rate. I indicated I couldn't do that length and attempted to leave when they changed their requirement to one night is ok. 190 pounds converts to $305 per night. The room was NOT large but did have an extra small bed in the room; the rugs were stained, not vacuumed, no wash clothes, rough hard towels, windows were deplorably unwashed, overlooking backs of other windows, bed was solid HARD, dressers had no drawers, barely enough light in bathroom, sink did not drain, stale water was in coffee pot on flimsy small shelf, very loud A/C and the one elevator was extremely slow. In an endeavor to keep their utility costs low they have light motion centers in the hallways leading from the stairways or elevator to each room door -- probably is you are walking in the dark as the light don't activate until you are fumbling down the hallways -- BUT they do have two hair dryers and the breakfast was good. The BEST WESTERN Victoria Palace labels itself as FOUR STAR -- NO it is not and never will be, maybe two or below. I left early the next day and stayed five days at the PARK PLAZA VICTORIA, 239 Vauxhall Bridge Road, a few blocks away. It was absolutely beautiful with restaurant amenities, business, staff, clean, and it costs 224 pounds($361). It was like going from hell to heaven within a few blocks with value beyond my belief. Rick Steves' book needs to be re-evaluated if it permits this listing to be mentioned therein. Simply not fair to his readers. If you want to enjoy your stay in London, the Victoria Station area, DO NOT STAY AT THE BEST WESTERN VICTORIA PALACE. I was actually happy to be walking up to the Park Plaza as I felt the desk staff was untruthful and scheming in their manner regarding room available, family-size larger room, etc. and telling me the prices quoted in Rick Steves' book were simply estimates(from 70 pounds in the book to 190 pound charge to me). Now that's a bit of an over-estimation for any traveler. I sincerely hope my review helps you. There are wonderful places to stay in London but I most certainly would exclude this BEST WESTERN.

Room Tip: Simply AVOID this hotel at all costs.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Standbytraveler

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Colombia
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I booked this hotel on last minute because I lost a flight. Booking it was easy and price worked for me. When arrive at hotel, they told me that I will be located on next building with same room facilities (when booked they said that), I agree, but when got next building I got 3rd floor with no elevator and lots of luggage. Was a nightmare ... Finally when got room, they forgot to clean bathroom can - REALLY DISGUSTING !!! was plenty with towel paper.... I called front desk and finally they guy came to clean it... This building was really old, even room was renewed it, when anyone step into floor, you can hear steps for everybody in next floor.

I really make mostly good feedback for hotels and I been in many best western around the world and this was the worst I ever been.

Room Tip: DO NOT GET A ROOM HERE !!! Does not have elevator in the building the put me...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Juan_Alejandro
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Bargin for London as we only paid £45 for the room per person, the room was ready for us 2hrs prior to check in and it was very clean. Nice quiet location, and only a short walk to Victoria. Could get better quality but then you pay for that, you get what you pay for and we were pleasantly surprised. Will stay again.

• Stayed August 2012