“Great place and location but one big problem”
Review of Chamberlain Hotel

Chamberlain Hotel
Ranked #107 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I really was happy with this place. The rooms were a good size so was the bathroom with a big tub/shower and modern. I had a twin room on the top floor in the front. I got the breakfast included and it was very good and filling. There is also a pub on the first floor that is really nice. The location was also great 4 min walk to Tower Hill tube station also other restaurants on the same block. For what I paid which was 65 pounds a night with Bk this was a great deal compared to what other places were asking a night.

Only one problem here and its a huge one. I used my visa debit card here to pay for the room on check out. Its the only time on the trip I used it. The next day I starter to see charges that weren't mine a lot of them so I had to shut the card down and didn't have access to that account the entire time I was in Europe. Not sure who took the number could have been anyone working there or the company they use to process it and of course I cant prove it. A real bummer cause I really liked the place. I cant fault the hotel cause they have some A Sh.t head working for them.

I would stay here again I just would use my credit card here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark B
There are newer reviews for Chamberlain Hotel

Reviewed 16 January 2012

nice hotel. large room for London. good breakfast. free wiffi. good service.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sonjaCroatia
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This is a Fullers hotel and its the first time I've stayed in a pub hotel but I was really pleased with my choice for a place to say this week. The rooms are roomy, clean, well equipped (even got biscuits with my tea) and everything works. It's got WiFi in the price and the breakfasts are great. I've not used the resterant as the area is full of great palces to eat and I love to explore in the evening. Hotel prices in London are all insane right now but this week I think I got a bargain. Any downsides...carpets smell a bit pubby but hey, it's a pub.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms might be a bit noisy and stay on the 2nd floor or higher.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank SiPiC57
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Good Hotel. Clean and friendly. But DON'T eat there. The main course had a £4.50 extra suppliment for a beef Wellington that was inedible. Starters small, but friendly polite and apologetic staff.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the lift.There are two. the service lift clicks 3 times every time its used, and...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Just spent a fab weekend in London celebrating my birthday and watching Coldplay at the O2 Arena. We were very happy with our stay at this hotel, we had a lovely large, warm, quiet and very comfortable room with a spotlessly clean bathroom with both a bath and separate shower cubicle. We had full english breakfast included in the price and we found the staff waiting the breakfast room very helpful and friendly with requests for fresh tea/coffee/toast dealt with very promptly.

The hotel is a max 5 min walk from Tower Hill tube station, there is a Wetherspoons pub opposite the entrance to the Tower of London and if you walk down the narrow road in front of the hotel you will find a well stocked Tesco Expresss.

We chose this location due to its location and needing to get to the O2 .... easy!! The D.L.R Tower Gateway station is right on the hotel doorstep with a quick change at Canary Wharf we were at the O2 within 30 mins of leaving the hotel and home again without any problems.

All in all we had a fantastic weekend and we would definately recommend this hotel and use it again ourselves.

Room Tip: We had room 109
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple