“An Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock
Ranked #266 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
“An Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed here as a family of four as we were celebrating my husband's birthday and were going out in Camden in the evening. The location was excellent, central to everything but also very quiet. We had adjoining rooms and they were both very clean and comfortable. We were really pleased with the personal service as in our room we had a complimentary personalised Birthday cake and some bubbly which was a lovely touch and really made our visit. Breakfast the following day was a high standard and they offered hot chocolate as an alternative to coffee for the children which was good. All the staff were very friendly and welcoming and we would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: Join Priority Club rewards and benefit from the later check out time.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnCamdenLock, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
… and an truly excellent review, thank you!

We thrive on special occasions and great moments. No, we don’t shy away from emotions and we love to make your cry … of JOY!

It’s good to share that passion with you. Thank you once again for sharing this back with us!

Eddy & the naughty Camdeners
Holiday Inn London Camden Lock, where you’ll certainly let your hair down

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here as we were going to the Electric Ballroom and wanted somewhere convenient for Camden and its sights. Because of having hotels.com rewards saved up we managed to get a Penthouse Suite for £39 (taxes and fees) but normally it would have cost around £200 plus taxes booked a few months in advance. Even at this price, bearing in mind the location, I think it's pretty good value for the room. The room was bright and airy and had a balcony overlooking the lock which in the summer would be great. Even on a dull February day it was pretty nice though!

Check-in was fast and effortless although there was a mix up with the booking details it didn't cause us any inconvenience. Wi-Fi is chargeable but we didn't bother and having a suite meant that we had a couple of extras such as free water and a Kit Kat (spoilt, I know!). The room itself was nice a large and very clean.

The bathroom was very good with a large separate shower which I much prefer, although the water pressure wasn't up to much. The room seemed quiet and the air con worked perfectly. I assume it was quite quiet to get back to, but seeing as we didn't get back until 4am I think pretty much everywhere would be quiet at that time. We had room service which was OK. I've had worse and I've had better but the choice was pretty good and it seemed reasonable priced.

All in all, I think this is a great hotel, it has an outstanding location and, as with all Holiday Inns, you know what you're going to get, but with an upgraded room, it felt a bit more individual which made a nice change from the norm in a chain hotel. When we come back, this is where we will be staying.

Room Tip: If you can afford to upgrade to a Penthouse, do it. When we were there you only had to pay an extra...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank buffgirl73
HolidayInnCamdenLock, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Nice to have such a detailed review. we could use your service as mystery guest next time; and this is what a review site really is about.

Altogether, it seems that we manage to combine "brand standards" with "surprise". All of our rooms have their own characteristics yet Penthouses boast space, extra features (your own Nespresso machine, free water, juice, separate shower and bath, etc.), private terrace ... and what a view! If you come back in warmer days, you may enjoy drinks while watching the sun set. Nice, non?

On the side, I'll contact you directly through Trip's internal messaging service to get more information about your room service. I'd very much like to work on that one.

Otherwise, lovely to hear you had a great time at the Electric Ballroom and that you were happy about your base (us) in Camden. When are you back then?

Please let us know and we'll show you more about what a branded hotel could do.

Eddy
Deputy General Manager
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I have just returned home after a 1 night stay at the Holiday Inn - Camden Lock. I was there with my husband and daughter, we were celebrating my husband's 50th birthday and chose Camden as a base.

I cannot praise enough, Giovanni Valentini the Duty Manager / Guest Relations Manager. He made us feel like superstars from the first moment we stepped through the door.

He found us the perfect room with a beautiful view of Camden Lock. The room was prepared for my husband's birthday with a surprise cake, bubbly, balloons and a fruit platter, everything looked amazing. The room was surprisingly quiet despite being so close to the nightlife of Camden...

I was so happy with this present from the hotel, it really made my husband feel special when he walked in the room and saw all this just for him, along with a personal note wishing him a happy birthday from Giovanni..

I have had the pleasure of staying in many 4 and 5 star hotel all over the world thanks to my job as a professional singer but I found the service at Holiday Inn Camden Lock second to none. I will definitely be returning and would recommend it to anyone who appreciates great service and a tip top hotel.

Bravo to all the staff at Camden Lock Holiday Inn, especially Giovanni Valentini, who deserves extra kudos for being simply brilliant at what he does.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an Executive room if you can, the rooms are big and airy with a fabulous view and lots of...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Eden-sparkle
Saying just 'thank you' would be very little.

You cannot imagine how this made Giovanni feel ... and the loudness that ensued! But you did make us feel so special and it is very nice of you.

We take intense pride and pleasure in surprising our guests, and your appreciation is our reward.

So, whether on a special occasion again or for a little break in 'swinging London', the Camdeners will be here for you.

We all look forward to these new opportunities.

Eddy -Deputy General Manager- & Him (Giovanni) screaming in the background
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Everything about the Hotel was excellent. I arrived late in the evening and the reception staff "Pablo" in particular was so accommodating and pleasent. My room was very clean and had everything I needed for a two day business break. The breakfast in the morning was superb,with lots of staff on duty. From the reception to the Bar staff all were very professional and all with a smile. I requested on my day of leave for a late check out as my business meeting had run over time, and I was greeted with "of course madam ".
I have stayed at this Hotel three times before on family leisure breaks,and was so impressed then with the service and quality of the Hotel. The location is perfect for exploring London, with the tube station 3 mins away,and to get to the station you look into shops and markets stalls selling unique and sometimes very quirky items....so interesting. Great area for shopping, eating, drinking, and generally anything you wish to do you can do happily within 2 minutes of the Hotel. I had a lovely canal facing room which I requested on booking, and was delighted to see that the Hotel had written that on my request booking....that does not happen very often these days. Should you be travelling to London on business or pleasure you will not go wrong with this Hotel, and you will feel very safe, contented and if you have breakfast very full. Congratulations Holiday Inn Camden Lock you have got it just right !!!!!

Room Tip: A canal room would be great if you can get one as you can see all kinds of wonderful things. Ilike a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank FUSSYTRAVELLER57
YESSSS!!! Thank YOU!

This is a truly outstanding review and such an unusual post … you’re getting into the Camden vibe by the look of it! When feeling any withdrawal symptoms, please have a quick fix through our hotel video (we’re waving at you) … and come back soon.

We all look forward to more ‘Camden moments’ with you soon.

A big massive ‘thank you’ once again.

Eddy & the very happy Camdeners
Holiday Inn London Camden Lock, where emotions do happen!
Oswaldtwistle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

we had booked a triple room for myself, husband and little boy - on arrival a very charming chap called pedro asked did we want an upgrade to the 'penthouse' with balcony and also with free breakfast thrown in - ummmm YES - only thing was there was only one huge bed that all 3 of us would have to share - guess they had double booked us - anyway decided to go for it - so glad we did the room was massive and lovely the balcony was huge with fab views of London ok so I has my sons foot in my back for most of the night but so what - the staff were absolutely lovely - the only bad thing was the breakfast - not great - glad it was free - all in all for a budget hotel - one stop on the tube from euston nice hotel great location in lively camden for £89 all in what is there to complain about - great value

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dozza17
Thank you for your much valued feedback!

I’m afraid that I’m one of those who believe the ‘glass could be even fuller’. We had a miss on our breakfast, one of Holiday Inn’s staples. We also appeared as a budget hotel, yet I hope you didn’t feel discounted at all; there was meant to be an extra bed for your son in the room …

I just hope you’ll give us another visit to be of even better value.

Looking forward to it.