7,092 results
All reviews tate britain millbank lounge city cafe pimlico tube big ben the executive lounge apple tv minute walk warm cookies london eye double tree victoria line quiet location thames river building work modern hotel free internet
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Rooms were small. The carpets were filthy. Had to call for a new comforter because one of ours had a massive stain, and they didn't even take the stained one with them when they left, they just left it in our room. A piece of the floor moulding was broken off and just placed back where it was supposed to go, not secured at all. My 1 year old nearly got ahold of it. One of our robes had dead bug bits and stains on it. Though the website boasted ultra-comfortable beds, they were hard and difficult to sleep on. The continental breakfast is £15 a person and isn't anything special. Most of the television channels didn't work, so time in the room was hard to fill for two kids. We were supposed to have received extra Hilton Honors points for turning down housekeeping services, but I have yet to see those and we were never told if there was anything further we must do. I suppose its proximity to sites is supposed to justify the cost and rating, but it's obviously worth the extra £20-£50 a night for somewhere nicer with bigger rooms and just as close to sites and the tube.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Stormi C
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Stormi C

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am sorry that your stay was not more enjoyable.

It appears that we had some lapses in our usual high housekeeping standards in the room that you stayed. please accept my apologies for these and the fact that this detracted from the enjoyment of your visit.

We do hope that you return in the near future so that we can give you a more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Arrived for the six nations rugby weekend with my family. Was very impressed by the decor of the hotel, very modern and very clean. Check in staff were friendly and helpful.
Hotel room was basic but immaculate. Only thing was there was no hair dryers.

We came back reasonably late and went to the restaurant, food was really good. Service was good. The bill came to £500 and at first we did think this was a little expensive but we had cocktails and 10 starters and mains so were happy to pay.

The next morning we went down for breakfast, having seen posters around saying that breakfast can be busy and to expect a wait if you have breakfast later in the morning.
There was 10 of us so we were expected a wait whilst out table was put together. 30 minutes later a lady called Iesha came over, asked me how many there was of us. When I said there was 10 of us she just said ‘oh lord!’ And walked off. We understand that it was busy due to the rugby but the amount of staff working the breakfast shift was not sufficient. All breakfast staff were stressed. Rushing around and irritable. After waiting for half an hour we got showed to our table and given the option of tea and coffee. Again we were served by Iesha and whilst we were asking around the table as to who wanted tea and who wanted coffee, she rolled her eyes and angrily said ‘I will just get two jugs of each’ and again, stormed off. Unfortunately for her my cousin was walking back to the table and saw her shaking her head and muttering under her breath. When she returned I asked for spoons. She didn’t reply, she went and grabbed a handful and chucked them on my side of the table, no apology for the wait and no effort to be polite. Such a shame because the food was lovely, it was just so unorganised.

After breakfast we went back to our room, for our stuff and went down to pay. looking back at the bill from the night before my aunt noticed that there was a £60 service charge added onto the bill, in which we were not informed would be added. My aunt asked Iesha (who was now at the front desk) to take it off as it was not pointed out to us at the time. She started with ‘What’s the problem’ then was incredibly ubrupt just saying, ‘there is nothing i can do’ and said ‘I have passed this over to my manager so I can go upstairs’ and walked off shaking her head. I think the managers name was George? He took the charge off and was really helpful.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear alievs

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback after your stay with us.

I am sorry that you had such a poor interaction with one of our team members. We have undertaken the necessary steps to ensure such lapses do not occur again in the future.

We hope that you will return again in the future so that we can give you a fully enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

2nd visit for us, as before very comfortable room, great breakfast and very friendly service. Drinks a tad pricey in bar tho. Also, extremely convinient position so easy reach for central attractions. Great parking facility too.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear melessajoseph

Thank you for leaving your 5 out of 5 review after your most recent stay.

We look forward to having you back at the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The hotels location was in a nice quiet neighborhood. Upon check in we were greeted and checked in 3 hours early. We also received a free upgrade to an executive king suite from our basic queen we booked. That was a great way to start our weekend getaway.

The room was great and had a decent view. The bathroom was tight and hard to maneuver around. The ice machine on the 12th floor is broken.

The executive lounge had plenty of drinks throughout the day. I would not personally call it an ‘executive’ lounge because it just does not hit the marks other Hilton lounges have. It’s a tight room that fills up quickly. The free wine and beer evening was a let down. Wine was dry after 15 mins and the food was weird the first night. The second night was a touch better.

Overall a 3.5/5 Star stay. I would stay again but as my second choice below the tower bridge doubletree. I have read a lot of reviews before staying and it was comforting to see the improvements this Hilton has taken. Improve the service and food in the lounge and this location can be hard to pass up!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Peter D

Thank you for leaving your feedback after your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton London Westminster.

I am glad that you enjoyed most of your stay but sorry that you were disappointed in a number of aspects of our Executive Lounge. We will certainly take those comments on board and improve on the points you mentioned.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

First night - cookie on arrival was a nice touch but the kettle in our room did not work for coffee! Dinner - waited to be served for approx 15 mins while other tables who arrived after us got served before us! First breakfast. Ordered fried eggs but I got them after my family had finished their breakfasts (approx 20 mins wait)!! Second night - we returned to our room to find the dirty coffee cups we had used the night before - they had not been changed!! Second breakfast - shown to table and left waiting for tea & coffee with no staff in view for approx 10 mins. Returned to our room that night to find the glasses in the bathroom had not been exchanged for clean ones. Final breakfast - served tea & coffee but left with no milk. When we eventually found staff to ask for milk he gave us the jug of milk from the next table as those guests had finished their breakfast!!

When we checked out I told the staff of the service issues and they gave us apols.

The hotel overall is good and in a great location but the service needs much more attention for it to reach 4 star status.

Room Tip: If you want a fried egg for breakfast order it before you sit down!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear flashrea

Thank you for leaving your comments after your stay with us.

I am sorry about the lapses in service that you encountered - in particular at breakfast. This is far from our usual high standard that we strive for here at the hotel and again am sorry that this detracted from your stay.

We do hope that you return again in the future so that we can give you a more enjoyable experience.