“Smallest room I have ever stayed in-depressing place deservinmg of a two star rating backpacker's hotel”
Review of Georgian House

Georgian House
Ranked #14 of 579 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I booked to stay here for two nights for a conference and was given a tiny single room with the bed tight against the window (and a wall at either end of the bed.) I lugged my suitcase up a narrow flight of stairs past floors "decorated" with cheap chairs. I indicated that I was not happy with the room. I offered to pay to "upgrade" to a bigger room and was told that this would cost somewhere over £250 for such a change (additional to the amount I had already paid), which was insulting given the state of the place. The "hotel" needs an upgrade itself urgently: the carpets are dirty, worn and frayed and the walls need more than a lick of paint. it was so depressing to return to that after an uncomfortable night (street noise can't always be blamed on a hotel) I checked out the following morning and booked into a real hotel with proper familiar hotel services. The staff member to whom I handed my key displayed no interest or concern that I was abandoning my room early or why, which summed up the hotel. Perhaps I wasn't the only occupant of this "room" to abandon it and seek refuge elsewhere. If a customer isn't happy, and likely to post a negative review, why insult them by seeking to charge an extortionate (and unfair) amount to move them to a more satisfactory room? The hotel, though about 15 minutes walk from Victoria station is out of the way. I cannot believe that some of the positive reviews came from people who stayed in the same hotel as I did. I would in all fairness offer 2 stars for the place. The only praise I can offer is for the skill of the photographer whose website photographs for the hotel managed to make the place look attractive.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Tom C

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Given how "historical" this hotel is, the bathroom was amazingly updated. Very pleased with that. However, the room itself was a bit smaller and I couldn't stand up straight when I'm in certain parts of the room (we're on the top floor). Great view of course, but the no lift thing wasn't doing it for us much. Loved that the breakfast was included and it was a great selection of items. The handy phone was a great idea but we needed to learn to use the windows phone and it was clichy!!! Also, be careful around there...the St. Georges Drive address is closely located to a St. Georges square which scared the crap out of us thinking we'd booked a ghost hotel lol...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Our room was on the upper floor (no lift) away from the road and quiet. The room and bathroom were small but nice and quirky, fine for a short stay. The hotel is a short walk from Victoria station which is very handy. Breakfast was great with lots of variety of freshly cooked items.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Warm welcome by staff close to victoria station.Very clean room fresh towels and beds made daily.Only downside no lift we were on top floor if staying again would opt for a lower floor.Breakfast was good quality sausage and bacon with pastries.Thankyou for a lovely stay in London.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017

The staff were super helpful, the hotel was very clean. There is no elevator.

The location in Pimlico was superb. A short walk to the underground, a short walk to pick up the bus and pretty good taxi traffic made it ideal. Get an oyster card. It makes public transport super easy.

Every interaction we had with the staff was satisfying, and the people manning breakfast in the mornings were also exceptional.

Breakfast itself (We had the full breakfast option) was very good, with a lot of selection.

The room was clean, if a bit small. The bathroom was small, and the shower was almost too small for me to fit. (I'm 6'4")

We had a room on the ground floor facing the street. In September it was pretty humid and so we had to sleep with the window open. Noise from the street made it hard to sleep, even with ear plugs.

Despite the street noise, it was a good experience and we would stay again. Our recommendation would be to make sure you don't have a room facing the street (I'm not 100% sure it's possible) and make sure to get the full breakfast open.

Room Tip: Don't get a ground floor room facing the street in a month where you have to keep the window ope...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family